PDA

View Full Version : PSA 18" CHF FN Rifle Length $399.99

FALonious
February 22, 2017, 17:31
In stock as of post

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-18-chf-rifle-length-lightweight-barrel-w-15-lightweight-mlok-upper-no-bcg-or-charging-handle-516444953.html

ByronF
February 22, 2017, 18:54
Got mine from last time on sale a few weeks ago. Seem very nice. If shoots as well as most report then it'll make a very fine groundhog rifle. I have a VX2 6-18 ready for it, mount is in the way.

4x401
February 22, 2017, 21:41
I'm a staunch advocate of the FN barrels as sold by PSA. Never seen a bad one yet, and all I've built (lost track #) have been superbly accurate.

John Crusher
February 22, 2017, 22:36
I got one of their keymod wylde 1/7 18"ers W/ch and bcg when they were on sale at that price and it is my truck gun now !

Timber Wolf
February 23, 2017, 08:48
I don't have this rig but built an AR recently with an 18" rifle length Stag barrel and I really like the setup. It is very accurate and noticeably flatter shooting than the 16" outfits other guys were shooting out to 400 yards.

hueyville
February 24, 2017, 07:46
I have more 18" barrel 5.56 rifles than 16" or 20". Have about the same number of 14.7" as 18". Get about all the accuracy a person could want, quality 18" barrels are common thus reasonably priced and realitively handy size. No mure cumbersome than a 16" that really I nly exists du to an arbitrary number determined by BATF. 14.7" with pinned or tack welded device is as accurate as most 16", some of mine exceed most 16" barrels accuracy. 18" gives plenty of bore for bullet to pick up velocity and leave muzzle well stabilized. Have purchased a ton of PSA's CHF when on sale and always good barrels. When want to squeeze it an 18" White Oak Armament 18" will shoot better at double the price but when a ground hog is sitting 400 yards away mocking your poodle shooter the White Oak barrel wipes the smile right off his soon to be fly encrusted carcass. White Oak clearanced out a bunch of 13.5" heavy barrels recently and with Gemtech or Noveske device on front make 16" and out shoot any factory 16" barrel I own. Have so 18" barrels that were bought on clearance and sucked so bad got removed and piled in the Mad Max, end of world shot throats and rifling out of all others pile. Good CHF, match quality button rifling and hard to go wrong with an 18" tube. 14.7" is shortest can go without SBR paperwork and have pistols for pistols, don't do AR pistols.