PDA

View Full Version : Is it interesting?

jhend170
February 11, 2017, 23:33
At the gun show today, picked up a commonwealth magazine. Maker's mark is RR, which apparently was "Rolls Razor." Never heard of them, was wondering if there was anything special about it...

def90
February 11, 2017, 23:52
Seen them before.. If you're into collecting mags it might bring just a little more than a regular Brit mag but it seems that people don't collect and spend crazy money on FAL mags like some guys do with AK mags.

Pluribus
February 12, 2017, 00:26
It would only be interesting to the magazine collecting types if it were NIW. Otherwise it's graded on condition as any other inch magazine as to value which, is in the eye of the beholders.

jhend170
February 13, 2017, 09:01
OK thanks guys. Picked it up, recognized it as a commonwealth mag, consulted one of my local FAL buddies and he wasn't familiar with the markings either, so figured I'd ask in here. I don't even own a brit cut receiver, so it'll go on the MP when I can snap a pic or 2 of it.

enbloc8
February 13, 2017, 10:43
Rolls Razor started out making (as the name implies) safety razors, then were bought out in the late 1950s by an entrepreneur that switched the company to selling washing machines. The company folded in the early 1960s amid a major financial scandal.

Personally I find the RR mags interesting, because they have the most markings of any of the Commomwealth mags.

jhend170
February 13, 2017, 14:09
Rolls Razor started out making (as the name implies) safety razors, then were bought out in the late 1950s by an entrepreneur that switched the company to selling washing machines. The company folded in the early 1960s amid a major financial scandal.

Personally I find the RR mags interesting, because they have the most markings of any of the Commomwealth mags.

It does offer plenty of reading material for a magazine for sure.