PDA

View Full Version : Magnum research 1911 ''G'' Rear sight

carmenrose9967
February 11, 2017, 12:51
Hi, I need the set screw for a new $800.00 Desert Eagle 1911 rear sight. I went to the range and after 50 rds the rear sight fell off in the grass. The set screw was gone. I emailed Magnum research to buy a set screw and saw told they don't sell the screw, but sell the rear sight assembly $39.50. Some service department!!!! Does anyone know the screw size or where I can buy one?:fal:
Rich

4x401
February 11, 2017, 14:05
First thing, I hope you don't plan on anymore purchase's from Magnum Research...thats some shitty CS rigbt there.:mad:

Second, take the rear sight with you to a good hardware store and get a new set screw. A Good well stocked hardware store will have whatever you need.

Third, buy at least 2. :D

Good luck.

DJ
February 11, 2017, 16:38
Maybe put a drop of purple(service removable) locktite on the set screw when you put it in.

hueyville
February 14, 2017, 21:45
First thing, I hope you don't plan on anymore purchase's from Magnum Research...thats some shitty CS rigbt there.:mad:

Second, take the rear sight with you to a good hardware store and get a new set screw. A Good well stocked hardware store will have whatever you need.

Third, buy at least 2. :D

Good luck.

Met guy three years ago, asked if knew where a clean Desert Eagle could be found. Went by his house and before I left he owned a collection. I was so happy to sell those things. Huge, heavy, fired rimmed straight wall revolver cartridges. No idea why ever bought them. They were cool for about 100 rounds each.