PDA

View Full Version : Shot Show 2017 AR mag well mod

Eyeguy
February 09, 2017, 10:03
Not an AR guy but this looks interesting.
Moderator- Feel free to delete this if it's already been covered.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/magwell-innovation-makes-ar-15-obsolete-shot-show-2017/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20170209_SHOT17_12&utm_campaign=/blog/magwell-innovation-makes-ar-15-obsolete-shot-show-2017/

fmj_shooter
February 10, 2017, 01:05
Old news. Viking Armament did this a couple years ago. I have one of their lowers. If this guy recently "invented" it, he may be in for a reality check.

https://www.vikingarmament.com/collections/all-products-1/products/viking-armament-ar15-m4-matched-receiver-set

hueyville
February 10, 2017, 07:34
Bookmarking this thread with note to "invent" then market this again in three to five years. Like some other companies, takes third or fourth time of introducing a new product before it becomes tacticool.

fmj_shooter
February 10, 2017, 09:01
Bookmarking this thread with note to "invent" then market this again in three to five years.

:biggrin:

hueyville
February 10, 2017, 09:40
Huey's Fastswap Mag Lower
*Patent Pending*

Don't let that extra 1\10th second cost you your life or difference between 31st and 32nd place at your next local 3-gun match.
"Don't be fooled by imitations, get the original"
(Coming soon our limited edition left hand model)

May need to tweak the name but the rest should be close.

Pluribus
February 10, 2017, 11:33
Just another "dependent upon the ignorance of the customer base product" coming to a Cabelas near you.

If I Dremel off a mag well do I run the risk of a saw loot?

Get it? Get it? LOL........

:uhoh:

hueyville
February 10, 2017, 15:10
Just another "dependent upon the ignorance of the customer base product" coming to a Cabelas near you.

If I Dremel off a mag well do I run the risk of a saw loot?

Get it? Get it? LOL........

Actually W.E.G. does hold exclusive patent rights to dremeling perfectly good AR parts for nothing but the sake of doing. Yes, unless beer or parts donation sent beforehand he might put a suit on your saw by calling the law.

jhend170
February 10, 2017, 16:02
"no need for a left-handed version." Translates to "no extra effort will be made so it sucks to be you."

What they fail to realize is that IS the lefty version, just like all standard AR receivers. It's the only feature that's lefty on the gun because you can keep your shooting hand in the correct position while changing mags with the right; thumb releases empty to fall away while fresh mag is inserted. Same goes for "right handed" rifles. Shooting hand stays at the ready while right hand cycles bolt. My "disadvantage" actually becomes an advantage for these purposes.

W.E.G.
February 10, 2017, 17:56
I could make one of those out of a $40 Anderson lower with a cutoff-wheel, a pack of JB Weld, and a leftover can of header paint.

W.E.G.
February 10, 2017, 18:07
needs more reacharound mag release

hueyville
February 10, 2017, 18:07
I could make one of those out of a $40 Anderson lower with a cutoff-wheel, a pack of JB Weld, and a leftover can of header paint.

Had an upper and lower that didn't quite match earlier in the week but less than five minutes had them perfect with some flat black high temp engine paint. Just takes a misting to get the color match right.

Impala_Guy
February 10, 2017, 20:44
The FALs receiver has a long wall on the right side of the mag well and a clipped wall on the left side for the same reason as having a flared mag well. To allow a right handed shooter to quickly find the magazines proper position to make a mag change with his weak arm.

2barearms
February 10, 2017, 21:13
oh my......really! This is a revolution that's going to make my ARs obsolete?
I don't think so.