PDA

View Full Version : Norinco parts kit

Bertellione
February 06, 2017, 21:36
Norinco parts kit.
Hi guys I've never built an AK before, but have been thinking about it lately if I can get a good parts kit at a decent price. I have several questions regarding a parts kit that I have been seeing at the fun shows recently. it is a Norinco under folder that was saw cut and comes with all the reciever sections. My first question is what would be a good price for this particular kit I believe the guy had it for under 300$, but can't remember of the top of my head. Second if I buy it are there flats or 80% recievers available for an under folder anymore. I have read some and been looking them up and I know there are different thicknesses and some say they work for one country others say work with all. My final question at the moment would be were the Norinco parts any good or are there way better kits to look for?

pre1989
February 06, 2017, 21:56
Please god tell me you bought it at 300?

If it a full kit ie pre ban with the proper for end ( ie gas block with bayo lugs and threaded barrel) easily close to 1k kit or more I would guess ...China guns and parts are pretty much ban been since 89 or late 90s depending

Either re weld or a few people make stamped AK receivers now proble could mod one for a UF

Very good guns ...Norinco makes great stuff ..Very heavy over built barrels etc ... Being a UF it could be a little tricky finding a reciver but hopefully enough left to re weld

Really though even if it is a MAK90 kit under 300 is a screaming deal now esp if the org barrel is there!

China coms are normal 1.6 thicker then Com block AKM ..But that is a good thing as they say :)

Go for you will be happy

UF Norinco completed now are getting close to 2k esp if in good shape

If there is no barrel or front end it would not be worth as much

Bertellione
February 06, 2017, 22:22
I havent got it yet I was going to grab it at the last show but the guy wasn't there. There were a couple different shows that weekend. Yes it is all there and clean, I was thinking about doing a reweld if I got it. I have a lot of experience doing X-ray welding so I'm sure I can get it right but wasn't sure if it wouldn't be better to replace it with new. I know there are a lot of people who frown on reweld recievers. I also wanted to make sure it was a good deal, I already have over half dozen other builds in progress. I finish one then two more come into the picture.

RG Coburn
February 07, 2017, 13:13
Lot of those Chinese kits came with no front trunnions . And they aren't really that easy to locate. Somebody on AKfiles was making repros,not sure if they still are. Euro is different. Do your homework first.

machinegunner
February 07, 2017, 13:18
Crap so it looks like I should have gotten a kit I saw at a gunshow a few weeks ago for 400. It had the barrel still installed in trunion and a bent but not drilled flat.

Bertellione
February 07, 2017, 17:46
Lot of those Chinese kits came with no front trunnions . And they aren't really that easy to locate. Somebody on AKfiles was making repros,not sure if they still are. Euro is different. Do your homework first.

The one I'm looking at was a preban that was saw cut in half and a triangle cut out of the fire control group so all the parts are there. Next time I see it I will definatly jump on it. Never built an AK so all info and guidance is apreciated I know there are differences in all the different types.

hueyville
February 15, 2017, 07:10
I have a guy did three years of welding school then after few years working went and got a bunch of certifications like nuclear pressure vessels. Anything he welds together is as strong or stronger than before broken or cut. Wouldn't hesitate to use a reweld receiver done by qualified person.

Story
February 15, 2017, 10:17
The one I'm looking at was a preban that was saw cut in half and a triangle cut out of the fire control group so all the parts are there. Next time I see it I will definatly jump on it. Never built an AK so all info and guidance is apreciated I know there are differences in all the different types.

1) The missing fire control group section of the receiver indicates a Norinco with the 'third pin hole', which were mistakenly imported and had to be destroyed when discovered. Had the blocking pin been removed and properly replaced, full automatic fire would have been possible.

2) Dude, you're in *Location: Washington dc USA* - unless you're one of the Anointed you are not allowed to have such a semi-automatic rifle.

Last updated November 8, 2016.
The District of Columbia deems assault weapons unregisterable, thereby prohibiting possession of these firearms.1 Unregisterable firearms cannot be sold or transferred in the District.2
http://smartgunlaws.org/assault-weapons-in-washington-d-c/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lITBGjNEp08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bubacus
February 15, 2017, 21:40
For the money you'd have to put into a Norinco kit, I'd rather start with an MAK like this for $725 and then decide where you want to go with it. Underfolders can be added later:

http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_info.php?products_id=52111

biyf
February 16, 2017, 07:29
I built a Norinco parts kit many years ago and it was a PITA. Took a couple years to find a front trunnion, another year to get a manufacturer (now out of business) to ship me a 1.6mm receiver, and it sucked to put it together.