PDA

View Full Version : New Enfield No4 Mk2 question

marcosfal
February 05, 2017, 21:01
I just won it off of GB. It's a 1955 that's been unwrapped. It doesn't look like it has had any rounds through it. I haven't received it yet of course. My only concern is that it is the long stock. It has the L on the top of the buttstock. I'm not that tall, 5'7". Will it be too long? The LOP on the stock is 13.5". My FAL LOP measures the same but it's definitely not the same shape as the Enfield. Thanks in advance, Marco.

randy762ak
February 05, 2017, 22:35
GOOD for you --I also have one Unfired [Might Break its virginity next Mason Dixon shoot] I dont Know if its a short stock or Long --Id Like the long stock as I have long arms ---= If things work and I can swap with you if you need a shorty --HEY Im In !

Good score BTW !! :bow:

Stoney
February 06, 2017, 01:14
changing the butt stock is so easy

SWOHFAL
February 06, 2017, 09:25
Need a big square shank flathead driver so you can lock vise grips on to get enough torque for the stock bolt.

Stoney
February 06, 2017, 11:36
i made one out of a 5/16 rod with a "L" on it

marcosfal
February 06, 2017, 12:21
GOOD for you --I also have one Unfired [Might Break its virginity next Mason Dixon shoot] I dont Know if its a short stock or Long --Id Like the long stock as I have long arms ---= If things work and I can swap with you if you need a shorty --HEY Im In !

Good score BTW !! :bow:

Thanks. Sounds like a great offer and I will for sure take you up on it. If there's no letter on the top of the buttstock near the end it's a normal. L for long, S for short and I think a B is bantam(I'm not that short). It'll be a couple of weeks before I receive it though. I bought it because it is "new" and wanted to start with a fresh rifle. I'd much rather trade than swap stocks on a new rifle.

randy762ak
February 12, 2017, 16:59
I dug it Out and Measured the stock 12 in from the receiver to the center of the butt plate .

SN UF55A655 The wood totally matches front and back and darn if the barrel is not full of grease !