View Full Version : Grip options for Uberti SAA?

February 02, 2017, 22:10
Anyone has recommendations on grip manufacturers? I am looking for some Shane style faux ivory horsehead grips, also some Man with no name Cobra grips....

The Cobra emblem grip I know where to find but maybe someone has a better source. Horsehead grip seen some for sale for Uberti 'Old model P' & I still don't know if they would fit my Uberti Horseman. I think old model simply refers to the cylinder pin screw on the frame bottom VS the push pin lock on the newer models.

Anyway, any thoughts or sources? Thanks. Here is the link for the Horsehead style.

February 03, 2017, 10:46
Cobra? That varmit looked like a Rattler to me. I hate snakes anyhoo! :tongue:

Anyway, for the "Man with no name" grips, Cimarron sell them?

I THINK? that the Shane grips from NC Ord should work on your Uberti. Their "Old Model" is misleading as you say. Perhaps they mean to say the grips will fit SA's with the Steel Frame and Trigger Guard not the brass frame models.

The Cattleman series generally has a brass Grip Frame, and there is a huge difference in the dimensions of the grip. I recently swapped out the brass Grip Frame on a U S Arms Regulator (Uberti made) with a Uberti Steel Frame from Taylor. The brass frame wood grips don't come close to fitting.

I'd be interest to hear how they fit if you decide to try them. Right now, I'm looking a whittling a set out of a block of Walnut from Rockler's. No wood artist, but SA grips are as simple as it gets.

February 03, 2017, 12:02
I'd been looking at this company for a different product, but here's some options for you

also, some very nice 'aged' but plain designs from the main Colt page

February 03, 2017, 20:50
MAINER, ya 'Rattle Snake' not Cobra, LOL, I might try the NC ordanance grips in Horsehead. I will let U all know. As to the other links I saved em., thanks Story also.

I am actually more interested in the Horse Head right now...gotta do some research but I have a few options.

February 04, 2017, 12:13
take a look at truivory.com