PDA

View Full Version : SilencerCO going out of business?

SAFN49
February 02, 2017, 15:52
http://www.tacticalshit.com/could-this-be-a-sign-that-the-hearing-protection-act-is-doomed/

Lays off 20%~80% of their workers

gentlemanjoe
February 02, 2017, 17:12
Hmmmmm. They have been doing some growing pretty fast. Maybe they are just trimming the fat but if so who's gonna work on my Sparrow now:confused:

Invictus77
February 02, 2017, 17:41
With Trump in and a hopefully anticipated removal of suppressors from NFA status, I would think it probable that sales have dropped off sharply with people thinking that if they wait a few months, there won't be the hassle and stamp fee to deal with.

I have no real data to back up that supposition, but that is exactly what I am doing at the moment and I doubt I am alone in the "hold off for a while" buyer category.

meltblown
February 02, 2017, 17:59
20-80% is a wide gap. Nothing is mentioned as to if they had to increase the workforce early on in the year for the run up to the change in the rules. They may have increased their workforce by 80%. If the act is passed the prices will drop like a rock. There's not much machining

They should hire odumbo to help with strategic planning:(

fmj_shooter
February 02, 2017, 18:22
With Trump in and a hopefully anticipated removal of suppressors from NFA status, I would think it probable that sales have dropped off sharply with people thinking that if they wait a few months, there won't be the hassle and stamp fee to deal with.

I have no real data to back up that supposition, but that is exactly what I am doing at the moment and I doubt I am alone in the "hold off for a while" buyer category.

Last I checked Omega cans were 6 months backlogged in production. So I would imagine they are busy. No idea though

SAFN49
February 02, 2017, 19:18

That's what I was thinking. I too am holding off to see if I can save $200 a can.

mp
February 03, 2017, 19:55
I don't hold much value in your source. Fake news?

SAFN49
February 03, 2017, 20:38
I don't hold much value in your source. Fake news?

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=silencerco+layoffs

partisan50
February 03, 2017, 23:31
This was from another board...

Several reasons:

1. Forced all dealers to go through a distributor.
2. Prices went up considerably (see #1).
3. The "Trust Rush" went "Trust Bust", hence less being sold.
4. Folks spent too much money during the "Trust Rush", and can't afford shit now.
5. Some folks, like me, are awaiting to see the results of the HPA (will it pass or not in the next 4-8 years).
6. Look at the turd they hired from Remlin, who is in management there...

hueyville
February 04, 2017, 12:15
That has me in a bit of a quandry. Just found a great deal on a SilencerCo Saker 51T MAAD Mount to use Silencerco Saker cans with AAC 51T muzzle devices. Now have 15 rifles with 51T mounts and four more mounts deciding which guns to add. Plan was to buy two Saker cans found on dealer shelf who is fed up with selling cans. AAC cans are cheaper but like my Silencerco Osprey, Hybrid, and Osprey Micro's so much decided to test drive 7.62 and 5.56 Saker's. Guy with them was running his 7.62 on a 300 Win Mag.

Found the 51T MAAD Mount new for $100 which is a bargain and was just waiting on a check from a vendor to go buy the two Saker's without cracking open savings account. What I liked about the 7.62 Saker is rated to 300 Win Mag and 7mm RUM. Specifications on the 556 Saker say it's rated for 22-250 with 12" barrel which means would run on the new 22 Nosler AR. Called and said my 7mm Practicals and 7mm Mag's would not violate 7.62 warranty or 22 Nosler cause issues with 556 warranty but if they fold, warranties are worthless. If want to go big with AAC have to use cans with their 90T mount and no adapter available. Gotten so used to running cans on all my AR's and most 308 and under rifles ready to go big and like quick change mounts.

tac-40
February 04, 2017, 17:36
The Truth About Guns website posted 2 days ago that Silencerco laid off a total of 107 employees. Some of these employees stated the reasons were due to flagging sales while prospective buyers waited for the outcome of the HPA bill.

I can tell you that my LGS has seen a drop in suppressor sales and have been told by many customers, they too, are in a wait and see mode.

SWOHFAL
February 05, 2017, 01:15
I recall reading well over two dozen companies make silencers now, including several of the big boys, like Ruger. They can't all survive and anyone who makes it harder and more expensive to buy is going to see repercussions.

hueyville
February 06, 2017, 09:42
Slow sales and flip flopping policy setting is why I have an opportunity to buy the two Saker's reasonable comparatively. Since intent is to use them pretty much on larger rifles the possibility of damaging one or both goes up thus my hesitation now. Seen so many companies fold over little stuff like the post Sandy Hook inventory glut end of 2015 may be better going with someone that "seems" more stabile. I was also in the wait and see mode but while think we are going to get some positive rules out of current administration don't think suppressor rules will be changed much. They will tag them on something like the national CCW/CWL bill then delete as part of the compromise process to get the meat of bill passed. Went ahead and set up a second Trust and moving forward as life is short and getting spoiled, willing to pay to calm my big 7mm's and over bore 223's down.

Artful
February 09, 2017, 12:26
Received E-mail today from Silencerco

$200 TAX REBATE PROGRAM

Thereís never been a better time to pick up a SilencerCo product. Dealers are selling at unbeatable prices, and now weíve sweetened the deal even more by offering a rebate per silencer to negate the cost of the $200 tax stamp.

Purchasing any of our silencers between February 1, 2017 and April 30, 2017 earns you a $200 credit to use on the SilencerCo webstore. Threaded barrels, muzzle devices, suppressor pouches - you name it, if itís on our store, itís included in the discount. Buy more than one silencer? No problem - youíll receive the discount for each purchase.

Once you make your silencer purchase, go to silencerco.com/rebate-promo, fill in your details, and upload your proof of purchase during the registration process. A SilencerCo Customer Service representative will then contact you with your unique $200 discount code.

Ready to make a purchase? Use our Dealer Locator to find a shop near you.

Want a refresher on how to purchase a silencer post-41F? Our EasyGuide has all the information youíll need to make a smooth, hassle-free purchase.

All discount codes expire at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on December 31, 2017. Code is one-time use - balance cannot be carried over for future orders - use it or lose it. Not useable for Pro Deal purchases; not valid in conjunction with other discounts or promotions; not useable during sale events (such as Black Friday, Fatherís Day Sale, etc.). Customer must abide by all state and federal regulations. Void where prohibited.

pre1989
February 09, 2017, 15:56
I will agree with the above ... The HPA maybe passsing ... The trust being killed off ( which did stop some people from getting more ) and some other stupid higher up crap they did

partisan50
February 09, 2017, 15:58
Received E-mail today from Silencerco

This reminds me of the AAC "Damn the Man" promo, a similar deal, but AAC removed the much needed stuff and left only tee shirts for them to spend their $200 tax money on.

hueyville
February 10, 2017, 08:18
That would make the Saker 762 am looking at $559 out the door with tax rebated. Hmm. Have till end of year to decide if want to step up to a Harvester class can if find a decent deal. Have stopped shooting my 338's except on a lead sled as recoil wastes the broken disks in neck and thoracic spine areas after half dozen rounds. Need to test drive one and see if makes the beasts more tolerable. The interweb seems to give mixed reviews, some say a good can tames a 338 down significantly and others say it's less than a good muzzle brake except that the lesser muzzle blast gives many shooters the perception of significantly reduced recoil. My 16" FAL is much tamer with a can than without. My only big bore cans are still in jail waiting on dot gov approval to arrive along with several others. Pushing nine months wait on four cans currently. Units purchased in March and April been released, May units are all stuck in limbo.