PDA

View Full Version : Marlin model 81

alphadog58
January 27, 2017, 12:31
Tube fed bolt action. I found an old ad on the innanet said, "Load it once, shoot all day." I was given this a few years ago by my recently passed FIL. It is missing the bolt. Going through his stuff with my missus, I found just the front half of the bolt. Haven't had any luck finding the rest. Not much about this rifle on the 'net. Anyone have a bolt without the rifle?
Larry

jwv3
January 29, 2017, 20:10
One on gunbroker: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/616666178

Listing says its for the earlier DL?

Interesting gun. I've never seen a tube fed bolt action in person.

K. Funk
January 30, 2017, 21:39
They're all over Ebay, whole and parts. Numrich has some parts. Apparently there is a "new" style and "old" style.

krf

alphadog58
February 07, 2017, 12:49
Yup, they are. $100 for a used bolt to complete a rifle that might be worth $150 doesn't make any sense.
Larry

Timber Wolf
February 08, 2017, 08:13
Yup, they are. $100 for a used bolt to complete a rifle that might be worth $150 doesn't make any sense.
Larry

This is not unusual, as the gun is a paper weight without the bolt. I have a Winchester 67 bought cheap because it had no bolt. I already had a beater 67 so I stole the bolt and made one good gun.

alphadog58
February 09, 2017, 09:08
This is not unusual, as the gun is a paper weight without the bolt. I have a Winchester 67 bought cheap because it had no bolt. I already had a beater 67 so I stole the bolt and made one good gun.

Well, there's an idea. Mine is in decent shape. I will keep an eye out for a complete rifle and make one from two. Not that I really need another .22...
Larry