PDA

View Full Version : 80% jigs

Bertellione
January 24, 2017, 12:31
Hi guys I a have an 80% jig for 556 made by 80% Arms. My question is what would the resale value of this jig be. I have cut out about 20 or so recievers on it and all the fcg hole time correctly so the selector positions correctly. The jig itself is in excelent condition with slight wear. Thanks for any thoughts on the value.

Jaxxas
January 24, 2017, 13:02
My guess, 50-75% of NIB price.

GOVT1911
January 24, 2017, 13:24
My guess, 50-75% of NIB price.

That's about my guess too.

I have 3 different 80% AR jigs and I paid a LOT more for them a few years ago than they're selling for now. Back when I got into doing 80's, only a couple companies made jigs and they were around $300 each. Now so many companies are making them (on many different quality levels), the price of a good new jig is around half of that.

Personally, I'd be hesitant to buy a used jig unless I could examine it first hand before buying. I've seen quite a few guys egg out the hammer and trigger pin guides. (NOT saying you did, but I've seen it multiple times)

GOVT1911
January 24, 2017, 13:27
Which jig is it from 80% Arms?

BiGB808
January 24, 2017, 14:38
I have blocks of aluminum and need a jig

2barearms
January 24, 2017, 14:43
You can buy replacement parts for the 80Percent Arms Jigs. Theirs are one of the few that have the riser and plate to use a router. They have the best end mills for them too.

Jaxxas
January 24, 2017, 15:00
I have used the Broken Arms jig to good results. (http://www.brokenarmory.com/AR15-Lower-Receiver-Jig-JIG-15.htm)

101ABN327
January 29, 2017, 07:28
ATF is cracking down on 80% receivers. Let's crack down on the ATF! Hit this poll…

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa

hueyville
January 30, 2017, 09:41
80% lowers and solvent trap parts are things I steer clear of. Was explaining to a pastor last week because something is legal doesn't mean I want to participate. Wanted to buy a pistol from me without bill of sale. Told him all my sales are taken to gun shop where buyer pays for them to log through their book and do background check. Currently we are under an executive m order where anyone selling as few as "one or two" firearms online, gun show or FTF could be deemed a dealer and selling without appropriate license.

I don't want to pay a lawyer to explain to Barney Fife my AR doesn't have to be serial numbered. Figure time, materials and labor it's cheaper for me to buy complete lowers. With recent DDTC/ITAR rules finishing an 80% could make a person subject to licensing through multiple bureaus. Till all these new rules are abolished or someone is run up the Supreme Court test case pole am staying out of that game.

GOVT1911
January 30, 2017, 14:14
80% lowers and solvent trap parts are things I steer clear of. Was explaining to a pastor last week because something is legal doesn't mean I want to participate. Wanted to buy a pistol from me without bill of sale. Told him all my sales are taken to gun shop where buyer pays for them to log through their book and do background check. Currently we are under an executive m order where anyone selling as few as "one or two" firearms online, gun show or FTF could be deemed a dealer and selling without appropriate license.

I don't want to pay a lawyer to explain to Barney Fife my AR doesn't have to be serial numbered. Figure time, materials and labor it's cheaper for me to buy complete lowers. With recent DDTC/ITAR rules finishing an 80% could make a person subject to licensing through multiple bureaus. Till all these new rules are abolished or someone is run up the Supreme Court test case pole am staying out of that game.

That's your call, but currently completing an "80%" AR lower is completely legal for personal use and is not a problem. I personally engrave my completed 80's with what appears to be the same info that is engraved on "100%" lowers, just that the company and/or SN are completely made up by me. I figure that will placate Barney Fife who doesn't understand the BATFE regulations on them and will also never receive a "hit" as a stolen gun if the SN is ever run.

We all make our own choices and have to live with them. I'm 100% legal and above board with my builds and can sleep just fine at night. ;)

Jaxxas
January 30, 2017, 15:35
That's your call, but currently completing an "80%" AR lower is completely legal for personal use and is not a problem. I personally engrave my completed 80's with what appears to be the same info that is engraved on "100%" lowers, just that the company and/or SN are completely made up by me. I figure that will placate Barney Fife who doesn't understand the BATFE regulations on them and will also never receive a "hit" as a stolen gun if the SN is ever run.

We all make our own choices and have to live with them. I'm 100% legal and above board with my builds and can sleep just fine at night. ;)

+1

BiGB808
January 30, 2017, 17:01
Huey doesnt like 80%, but uses ground radar to shoot live ammo on a. Holiday. He has up armored his house, but thinks an 80% will atract unwanted attention.

Kind of funny.