PDA

View Full Version : Tritium Reanimation worth it?

papermaker81
January 23, 2017, 23:09
I have a couple of Trilux scopes that I am planning on selling. Do y'all think it is worth reanimating the tritium insert for the sale, in the hopes of getting a better price, or should I just sell them as is? If so, does anyone have a US source for the tritium vials, or at least one with fast shipping? Cheers

hkshooter
January 23, 2017, 23:12
Sell'em as is. Some people don't care, leave it for the buyers to decide.

.30-06
January 24, 2017, 20:21
I have a couple of Trilux scopes that I am planning on selling. Do y'all think it is worth reanimating the tritium insert for the sale, in the hopes of getting a better price, or should I just sell them as is? If so, does anyone have a US source for the tritium vials, or at least one with fast shipping? Cheers

I have tritium in mine, but like D. Lehrman said, they aren't as easy to replace when they go out and few people offer replacements. There is a vendor on here that sells new illuminators but his name escapes me at the moment. Place an ad in the MP and you'll find one. I say leave it up to the buyer as I don't think they fetch much if anything more if re-illuminated.

gentlemanjoe
January 24, 2017, 20:24
As is.

Arby
January 24, 2017, 23:04
There is a vendor on here that sells new illuminators but his name escapes me at the moment.

Mountainman

I say leave it up to the buyer as I don't think they fetch much if anything more if re-illuminated.

Agreed, 100%!!

papermaker81
January 24, 2017, 23:13
Thanks everyone, that is what I am thinking. More effort than its worth and its going to take more time that I want to be able to move these in. I might experiment with reanimating one for myself later though.

Keep an eye out in the coming weeks for the ads. I'll probably post them on that auction site and in the marketplace here. Genuine Rhodesian army issue that my uncle brought back from the region several years ago, complete with serialed mounts.

SteelGreyML
January 25, 2017, 00:14
Try LED?

http://whatacountry.com/trilux-scope-led.aspx

12v71
January 25, 2017, 00:33
Try LED?

http://whatacountry.com/trilux-scope-led.aspx

Noooo. I got one of Mountain Man's kits and really prefer it to the led illuminator that I had. I got the Green Tritium and it's not super bright, but it seems to provide just the right amount of light at the proper time as it gets darker without overpowering your night vision. The LED illuminator I had would damn near blind you. The pointer was so bright you couldn't find the target.

SteelGreyML
January 26, 2017, 13:22
Noooo. I got one of Mountain Man's kits and really prefer it to the led illuminator that I had. I got the Green Tritium and it's not super bright, but it seems to provide just the right amount of light at the proper time as it gets darker without overpowering your night vision. The LED illuminator I had would damn near blind you. The pointer was so bright you couldn't find the target.

I have both. Mine came with the LED.... I ordered the Mountmain reamination but the damn LED is in so tight I can't pull it out; One day I might give a really strong effort but haven't bothered yet.