PDA

View Full Version : help identifying receiver

maxaks
January 22, 2017, 22:01
I have not a clue about the inch rifal
need some help identifying this receiver so I can sell it.
I can't make out what it says
thanks

https://imgur.com/a/kYx89

TedMckay
January 22, 2017, 22:12
I don't deal with inch guns but I believe it's a century receiver on a enfield lower . Someone will get you all the details soon

nwobhm
January 22, 2017, 22:21
Argentine....keep it.

denny
January 22, 2017, 22:22
Century import ,Argentine receiver , good receiver.
Denny

def90
January 22, 2017, 22:30
^^ yep.. it's a good one

TedMckay
January 22, 2017, 22:37
Was I at least right about the lower ?

jam762
January 22, 2017, 22:44
Brit lower, bolt, carrier, & bbl. The upper receiver looks to be Argie but wouldn't know for sure without seeing the pivot boss. But the "C" prefix serial is what CAI used for their imported Argie uppers.

jam762
January 22, 2017, 22:45
Was I at least right about the lower ?

Nope! It's a BSA lower, bolt, carrier.

TedMckay
January 22, 2017, 22:49
I'll stick to metric .

maxaks
January 22, 2017, 22:56
thank you all for the quick replys. I'm not into inch rifles... but will keep at least till I shoot it
metric mags fit in it

jam762
January 22, 2017, 22:57
I'll stick to metric .

Don't sell yourself short...the L1A1's are superior :wink:

Stoney
January 23, 2017, 00:36
i like inch receivers with metric parts, but then i have 30+ inch mags and no metric ones

vmtz
January 23, 2017, 08:58
Argentine....keep it.

Agreed on both.

Vince

gunplumber
January 23, 2017, 09:27
http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/wp/fal/l1a1-markings-cai-types-01.jpg

planemarty
January 23, 2017, 12:30
Hi All- This brought a question to mind. I guess FN would be at the top of the heap, but how would everything else shake out in terms of quality/desirability?

Are Imbel guns and Argentine guns equal? Obviously preban- all matching factory guns would be most collectible. Were Imbels ever brought in other than Springfield SAR-48's?

I know real honest to goodness Argentine's exist as all matching factory prebans through Armscorp although I guess there aren't many.

My guess
Factory original FN
Factory original Argentine
Factory original Springfield/Imbel
LEO FALS
kit built guns???? No idea how to rate these.

maxaks
January 23, 2017, 14:01
I might just keep the receiver and part out the rifle. I have some nice mutt builds this recever might work good for

hkshooter
January 23, 2017, 20:32
Remember, that receiver is cut for the inch charging handle.

nwobhm
January 23, 2017, 21:35
Hi All- This brought a question to mind. I guess FN would be at the top of the heap, but how would everything else shake out in terms of quality/desirability?

Are Imbel guns and Argentine guns equal? Obviously preban- all matching factory guns would be most collectible. Were Imbels ever brought in other than Springfield SAR-48's?

I know real honest to goodness Argentine's exist as all matching factory prebans through Armscorp although I guess there aren't many.

My guess
Factory original FN
Factory original Argentine
Factory original Springfield/Imbel
LEO FALS
kit built guns???? No idea how to rate these.

Suppose it all depends on how you want to qualify equal. The later FN had cast receivers and some people would put them near the bottom.

Where would a mint gunplumber built StG, G1, L1A1 kit on an old forged DSA be ranked? At the bottom? How does a kit built by a pro on a top quality receiver somehow become less desirable because it wasn't assembled at FN. The reality is GP probably pays closer attention to detail than FN did.

jam762
January 23, 2017, 21:39
Remember, that receiver is cut for the inch charging handle.

It is not cut for L1 charging handle bro. I spoke with him in PM and it's all FAL.

jam762
January 23, 2017, 21:44
The reality is GP probably pays closer attention to detail than FN did.

GP might be an asshole but he does pay attention to detail.:]

hkshooter
January 23, 2017, 23:10
It is not cut for L1 charging handle bro. I spoke with him in PM and it's all FAL.

Ah, you are correct. Has a folding handle but it's open. I looked again and discovered one can blow up the pic a size. I stand corrected.

maxaks
January 24, 2017, 19:47
thanks for all the great info that's why this place is great.

I will be parting this rifle out as a kit or partial kits soon