PDA

View Full Version : Tight mag fit. Persuasion.

ArtBanks
January 17, 2017, 10:48
There have been a few gents having trouble getting magazines to fit into their M-14 clone receivers of late.
One possible and very simple solution involves a little persuasion with a light hammer.

May seem crazy, but it works for me.
Very light " smack" on each of the flat side corners on the business end of the mag and they slide in and out like an old bar girl.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/nf1e/IMG_0765_zpsdzlyizn1.jpg (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_0765_zpsdzlyizn1.jpg.html)

Semper Fi
Art

Douglas Wozny
January 17, 2017, 12:07
AH, engineering principle number 37: If it don't fit get a bigger hammer!

Invictus77
January 17, 2017, 12:18
AH, engineering principle number 37: If it don't fit get a bigger hammer!

Ummm, in technical engineering terms as one possible solution, we always use the acronym BFH, never the word "hammer" ;)

Frenchkat
January 17, 2017, 14:38
That's a "Percussion Adjustment Device".

ArtBanks
January 17, 2017, 14:40
Can be used to adjust all sorts of attitudes.

Tuhlmann
January 17, 2017, 15:36
Hammer forged mags. Worth at least 20% more than non-hammer forged. I hear they are more accurate, too.

Douglas Wozny
January 17, 2017, 15:43
That's a "Percussion Adjustment Device".

No, it is a "PRECISION Adjustment Device (Tool)"

John Crusher
January 17, 2017, 19:30
I've done that a number of times. It seems the newer mags are just-a-mite on the wide side when compared to USGI ones.

ArtBanks
January 17, 2017, 19:48
I've done that a number of times. It seems the newer mags are just-a-mite on the wide side when compared to USGI ones.

Thanks John,
I thought it about time this simple solution was talked about again. It has been a number of years and it seems that folks just getting into the M-14 type rifle, for some reason think it necessary to have the receiver modified. New mags, from batch to batch are slightly different.

raubvogel
January 18, 2017, 08:28
Hammer forged mags. Worth at least 20% more than non-hammer forged. I hear they are more accurate, too.

Can I use it in my sig?

John Crusher
January 18, 2017, 20:57
Thanks John,
I thought it about time this simple solution was talked about again. It has been a number of years and it seems that folks just getting into the M-14 type rifle, for some reason think it necessary to have the receiver modified. New mags, from batch to batch are slightly different.

Good thing to do to pass on the knowledge we learned so many years ago. I've had a semi M14 for around 40 years or so. I try and pass on my little bit of knowledge too !

ArtBanks
January 19, 2017, 05:39
Good thing to do to pass on the knowledge we learned so many years ago. I've had a semi M14 for around 40 years or so. I try and pass on my little bit of knowledge too !

That is my intention. I got my first issued M-14 51 years ago at Parris Island camp for lost boys.