PDA

View Full Version : Lame answer from Brownell's

Timber Wolf
January 16, 2017, 16:38
I like Brownell's and expected a lot better than this:

Your Question on the Brownells website has been answered!
Your Question for 4-12x40mm Adj. Obj. Fine Duplex Reticle w/IMS Mount (526000555)

What are the AO setting marks?

Answer:

These come sealed in the box, you will need to contact the manufacturer.

By Customer Care from Brownells on 1/16/2017

Why did they not just say: "We don't feel like finding out and don't care if you buy one or not".:(

L Haney
January 16, 2017, 17:08
Why did they not just say: "We don't feel like finding out and don't care if you buy one or not".:(

I think they just did.

CG&L
January 16, 2017, 17:18
If you're looking for a scope with an AO, you really need to look up the specs from the manufacturer.

Most won't go below 50yds and some won't go below 100. It would be best to talk to someone whom actually uses the scope you're considering buying. Firsthand information from a knowledgeable shooter is better than the manufacture's specs.

A salesperson would never be of any value for something like this.

kotengu
January 16, 2017, 17:36
Even my Leupold MkIV just has a bunch of dots and an infinity symbol. From what I've read, if they print numbers (ie: yardages), they'll be off. You have to adjust it yourself and make your own marks.

tdb59
January 16, 2017, 18:26
I like Brownell's and expected a lot better than this:

Your Question on the Brownells website has been answered!
Your Question for 4-12x40mm Adj. Obj. Fine Duplex Reticle w/IMS Mount (526000555)

What are the AO setting marks?

Answer:

These come sealed in the box, you will need to contact the manufacturer.

By Customer Care from Brownells on 1/16/2017

Why ask a warehouse distributor for a manufacturer's specifications ?

Timber Wolf
January 17, 2017, 16:45
Why ask a warehouse distributor for a manufacturer's specifications ?.................

Because, they sent me an email offering this item for sale. I clicked on the link to the item, and the product description did not answer all my questions. They provide the Q&A section right on the product page. If they are not going to actually try and answer the question then the least they could do is provide an email contact for the manufacturer. And I would not classify Brownell's as a "warehouse distributor" but as a retailer.

oleblu72
January 17, 2017, 17:03
They've been in business long enough to know that customers require all the specs they can lay their hands on when buying something. I got pretty much the same answer from Sportsman Guide one time ,its in the box we don't know. If you want to sell me something provide me with all available information on it.

Mark