PDA

View Full Version : Forgot I had this...

fmj_shooter
January 10, 2017, 21:45
Another money pit...:facepalm:
At least the mags are cheap.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j6/FMJShooter/KIMG0633_zps3q5aruha.jpg

akinnepa
January 10, 2017, 22:07
Enlighten me as to what this is, never seen one that takes G3 (?) Mags

fmj_shooter
January 10, 2017, 22:18
.308 AR receiver set. Made by DRD tactical.
Takes G3 mags.

NFADLR
January 10, 2017, 22:24
I would call it a AR10 Lower with a mod that accepts HK G3 mags.

Would love one of those in a 80%.

you has been enlightened!!

I am pumping the blood of the modern world into your backward veins you stinking*ingrate Oompa Loompa*morons!* (my best Christopher Walken imitation)

Enlighten me as to what this is, never seen one that takes G3 (?) Mags

akinnepa
January 10, 2017, 22:26
.308 AR receiver set. Made by DRD tactical.
Takes G3 mags.

Never knew they existed, I'll have to look for one.

VALMET
January 10, 2017, 22:29
Interesting indeed- I've never heard of one of these myself. Let's us know how it turns out fmj

fmj_shooter
January 10, 2017, 22:40
Never knew they existed, I'll have to look for one.

Last I heard, Rainier had one set. I got mine from DRD couple years ago.

Eta. Here you go https://www.rainierarms.com/drd-tactical-g762-billet-lower-upper-hkg3-magwell-set-dpms

fmj_shooter
January 10, 2017, 22:44
Interesting indeed- I've never heard of one of these myself. Let's us know how it turns out fmj

This one is a ways off. I've got 2 5.56 ARs, 1 FAL, 1 L1A1, and one LR308 I'm plinking away at. And not much $$ to fund them.

Will likely forget these in a year again.:facepalm:

hkshooter
January 10, 2017, 22:59
I've only heard the sparsely spoken word that these existed, never have seen one. Wow.

ALL FAL
January 11, 2017, 02:26
Actually what I been looking for in an.308 AR. It's got everything.

FALonious
January 11, 2017, 06:48
Looks like the DRD folks http://drdtactical.com/ don't do one like this any longer.

hueyville
January 11, 2017, 07:02
If not for the skull (mainly over $600 asking price) would jump on one of these sets due to having huge number of G3 magazines. Too used to buying blems and close outs for cheap to pay that price. Yes, I can be cheap but only way to avoid builds sitting and waiting for funding.

Bug Tussell
January 11, 2017, 10:05
That is cool. Got a buncha fifty cent G3 mags from back when. If you don't have any I'll give you some. LMK

BTW, been over to your parts of NM a couple times due to craiglist finds.

fmj_shooter
January 11, 2017, 10:31
That is cool. Got a buncha fifty cent G3 mags from back when. If you don't have any I'll give you some. LMK

BTW, been over to your parts of NM a couple times due to craiglist finds.

I've got about 15 that I got from RTG at SAR a couple years ago. (payed way more than 50 cents though). So I think I'm ok. Thank you for the offer though, much appreciated.

I hope you weren't down here when it was cold. We got in the negatives last Friday. Much of the state did though.

fmj_shooter
January 11, 2017, 10:33
I've only heard the sparsely spoken word that these existed, never have seen one. Wow.

I'll post more pics of the receivers for the sake of information.
:beer:

kev
January 11, 2017, 10:36
Several companies have made that type of lower but there are two problems. Invariably, they try to charge a ridiculous amount of money based on the fact that they take cheap mags and there is no BHO,.....because they take cheap(HK)mags.

Timber Wolf
January 11, 2017, 13:24
Interesting, what is up with the raised area around the mag release? I have a whole bunch of the cheap HK mags myself, and only a lone CETME to run them in.:facepalm:

lysanderxiii
January 11, 2017, 14:44
Interesting, what is up with the raised area around the mag release? I have a whole bunch of the cheap HK mags myself, and only a lone CETME to run them in.:facepalm:
The magazine catch assembly is narrower than the magazine well, so the button in recessed. A common trait in .308-AR-land.

hueyville
January 11, 2017, 15:51

That only makes sound financial sense with your cents. A good, in spec, CETME is a fine rifle. Price of rifle, price of mags and some surplus ammo may be the best buy in the battle rifle business.

fmj_shooter
February 08, 2017, 12:54
This receiver set may be up in the MP soon. Just a heads up. :]

Timber Wolf
February 08, 2017, 13:33
Several companies have made that type of lower but there are two problems. Invariably, they try to charge a ridiculous amount of money based on the fact that they take cheap mags and there is no BHO,.....because they take cheap(HK)mags.

I recently built a 7.62X39 AR that takes AK mags because Palmetto actually had everything in stock all at once, it was a pre-election impulse purchase, and I have tons of AK mags. While it is kinda fun to shoot not having a BHO is suboptimal to be sure.

fmj_shooter
February 08, 2017, 13:59
I recently built a 7.62X39 AR that takes AK mags because Palmetto actually had everything in stock all at once, it was a pre-election impulse purchase, and I have tons of AK mags. While it is kinda fun to shoot not having a BHO is suboptimal to be sure.

I put one (x39 w/ ak mags) together on a MGI lower, that has the interchangeable mag wells. Then found out I had to alter bolt carrier to fit mags and had to modify mags to fit the magwell. Palmetto hadn't made theirs at the time, would have been nice. Good to hear it worked for you.