PDA

View Full Version : M1A Parts Kit on GB

Bubacus
January 09, 2017, 19:37
I was looking through parts kits this evening and found a vendor that seems to sell lots of commercial guns in parts kit form. I'm assuming they may be police confiscated guns or there is another reason for destroying the recievers. Thought folks on the M14 board may be interested. Current bid is $305 on a Springfield M1A parts kit with synthetic stock:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/609321140

hueyville
January 12, 2017, 10:28
Nice looking kit, almost $600 now. M1a basic from looks. Around here once a case clears law enforcement sells entire gun to local approved gun shops. By a couple per year at least. My current pocket pistol use when need a small backup is from a murder case. Last 30 carbine I got was from law enforcement confiscation. Love seeing the sheriff's department guys coming in with big box of guns as means the deals will be happening.

Guess different states have different rules. Work for one private corporation that has large security team and required to send all weapons to incinerator. Fill up a box size of a washing machine every year with knives, shanks and swords. Most are junk but occasionally see a $300 to $500 knife in box and we all lament having to send it to be melted but nobody seems to be willing to lose job over a knife as never seem to dissapear.

jhend170
January 12, 2017, 11:54
Wish they had listed the ARMS mount separately. If they knew what it would bring by itself they would have.