PDA

View Full Version : Charlene was born in March of 1980...

ThePitbullofLove
January 08, 2017, 17:46
Left SAI as a stripped receiver in 3/80. Built up with USGI NM parts.
Put up for adoption in 2007, obviously not loved...looked to be rarely fired. Got it with 3 stocks, a scope mount, a Bushnell 3x9, a hard case and 6 GI mags for $700 at a local gun & pawn. Took her home, cleaned her up, and she's a keeper. Ten years now...she's a good one.
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r636/brianmeyer/9294011223_d99b0b5ab3_o_zpsa7ty5gov.jpg
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r636/brianmeyer/9296796836_c447b52a65_o_zpsbpxfqqug.jpg

easttex
January 08, 2017, 17:56
I'd sure give $700 for that lot! What a great find!

SteelGreyML
January 08, 2017, 18:48
It looks very nice.

ArtBanks
January 08, 2017, 19:24
Looks pretty darn nice. Lock bar rear sight and all.
Commercial stock nice.
Why the ventilated handguard and the backwards sling keeper though?

ThePitbullofLove
January 08, 2017, 20:13
Looks pretty darn nice. Lock bar rear sight and all.
Commercial stock nice.
Why the ventilated handguard and the backwards sling keeper though?

Personal preference. The vented guard? I first decided to get an M14 as a child watching reruns of Gomez Pyle USMC...the opening credits with the Marines marching with M14's did it, even though Gomer and the boys always seemed to be toting M1 Garands in the episodes.

The sling keeper? It came that way from the surplus house. I used it as it came, to sling up, and just got used to it lol.:biggrin:

Andy the Aussie
January 08, 2017, 22:38
Hummm... is it wrong that all I noticed in your pics was the quality ammunition and knife in the images... ;) :p

ArtBanks
January 09, 2017, 07:49
Personal preference. The vented guard? I first decided to get an M14 as a child watching reruns of Gomez Pyle USMC...the opening credits with the Marines marching with M14's did it, even though Gomer and the boys always seemed to be toting M1 Garands in the episodes.

The sling keeper? It came that way from the surplus house. I used it as it came, to sling up, and just got used to it lol.:biggrin:

Thanks for the answer.
Vented handguards were trashed while I was in the Marine Corps. They were just to flimsy and too much heat mirage was created on the range. I understand some folks think they are cool. Just remind me of something that was tested and failed.
Just been using the sling keeper the other way over. So when you carry at sling arms, the keeper lock is on the inside against your thumb and when you sling up for shooting the latch is on the outside.
Personal preference is what it is all about.
Thanks again.

Semper Fi
Art

rbgonoles
January 09, 2017, 10:17
Beautiful pictures of M14s make me feel warm and fuzzy. Very nice:bow:
:highpower:

xtremerange
January 09, 2017, 11:50
Thanks for the answer.
Vented handguards were trashed while I was in the Marine Corps. They were just to flimsy and too much heat mirage was created on the range. I understand some folks think they are cool. Just remind me of something that was tested and failed.

I know the problems but I still think they look cool. :biggrin:

elchunkogrande
January 09, 2017, 12:00
While I was stationed at Ft. Hood in '62 we were issued M-14s but after one range session they took them away to remove the wooden handguards they came with and replaced them with fiberglass but we never got them back. We just got by with our carbines. One magazine could get them smoking.

82ndRecon
January 09, 2017, 12:03
She's pretty. And such a deal.

01BIRDDOG
January 12, 2017, 13:17
Man beautiful and a steal even at the time. Wish we had more M-14 chatter here as it's kinda hard to be at home in some of the other places.

airground
January 28, 2017, 18:01
"widowmaker" :rofl: