PDA

View Full Version : Most reliable AR-22 cal conversion.

AZ Dave
January 05, 2017, 07:12
I have a post in the class 3 section but thought I'd ask here. Needs to function in a legal M-16 not a DIAS AR. Any suggestions? Thanks

2barearms
January 05, 2017, 08:19
I have a post in the class 3 section but thought I'd ask here. Needs to function in a legal M-16 not a DIAS AR. Any suggestions? Thanks

You might give CMMG a call. Before he went out of business JA Ceiner made a conversion for the M16. The CMMG is a copy of that one, it doesn't have a sear
trip iirc.

yellowhand
January 06, 2017, 00:12
I've got one of these, it runs good.

http://www.22lrconversions.com/atch-pg.htm

NFADLR
January 06, 2017, 01:44
He used the best 10/22 magazines that could be had, the single stack 25 or 30 round Bingham mags.

Which are (IMO) unobtanium now a days.

You might give CMMG a call. Before he went out of business JA Ceiner made a conversion for the M16. The CMMG is a copy of that one, it doesn't have a sear
trip iirc.

kev
January 06, 2017, 10:50
Don't know about unobtainium,.....they still pop up occasionally. I probably have twenty of them stashed away and you can still buy the adaptors from somewhere,.......SARCO maybe? I forget. Maybe Numrich.

I think the Black Dog Machine mags are better anyway. I only use the Binghams in the 10/22.

Super Dakę
January 06, 2017, 17:01
I've got a Ciener drop-in and it works great in my M-16A1. Super simple 2 minute install. His mags work great also, but get hard to load past 25rds. Got some Black Dog mags too, but I never use them (should probably sell them).
I would think the Ciener copies should work just as well? Just make sure it's for full auto.