View Full Version : DDI is now part of PSA ..Thoughs

January 03, 2017, 18:30
So looks like DDI is part of PSA.. Company is moving some employs moving others let go .... No more imported guns from DDI

Thougts on Merger good or ?

January 03, 2017, 21:26
Well, the market is only so big.. It will be better for both companies if they aren't competing with each other. If they want to get serious about producing a US made AK they will eventually need to step up to a real factory production line instead of the one at atime custom home build mentality that they have been running on.

I wouldn't doubt if they had always been working together all along.. interesting that they both just happened to come out with US made forged parts at the same time. Producing the stamping dies and tooling to do that isn't a trivial deal.

Genetically Swiss
January 03, 2017, 22:03
Help me out with the acronyms. DDI & PSA?

January 03, 2017, 22:12
DDI.. Destructive Device Industries and PSA.. Palmetto State Armory

DDI built AKs using Hungarian and other kits, PSA is a huge seller of AR parts and rifles. Both have been developing an all US made AK over the last couple years.

PSA's parent company just bought up DDI.

January 04, 2017, 00:46
what I am wondering is the recent run of bad parts had something to do with it .. They put a lot into there all american AK and Rob ski had the gun die twice on him at around 1k or 2k I think ....

Who know maybe they will have room to grow and get back QC

January 04, 2017, 22:27
The run of Saiga-12 clone Chinese shotguns they had made were also pretty problem-infested. I think this last rundown along with other reports of failures led them to cutting their losses.

I think it'll be good, PSA has it's flaws but generally after some work with them their stuff comes out good.

January 06, 2017, 00:17
Don't care, I would never want a rifle from them anyway. Comblock all the Way.:)