PDA

View Full Version : Waffen works AK74 build?

JonathanW
December 30, 2016, 07:42
I was looking to build a couple 74 budget builds to learn how to build a AK74 properly and come out looking good. I recently bought 3 waffen werks receivers at a very good price however I was unaware at the time of some of their issues

Are these receivers build-able with some tweaking and some elbow grease?

It would be a shame to have them go to waste, after these I'll buy NODAK spud however I'd still like to learn on these if possible? Anyone else used them? I've seen aleast a couple do it on YouTube with WW

def90
December 30, 2016, 08:21
Learning on a good receiver is a lot easier than trying to figure out why a bad receiver isn't working out. If you take your time and do a lot of research building your first should turn out just as well as building your tenth or twentieth.. will just be a slower process.

Plenty of people have built on them, some have problems, some don't. just be prepared to have a few issues/headaches.

slavicshooter
December 30, 2016, 11:12
JonathanW, this is why I shoot and don't build. Having said that, it seems there is a period of time when WW took a big shat in their boots with quality control problems. Gunplumber might be able to shed some light as could someone like "the Greek" on AkFiles or RGcoburn.~ssİ