PDA

View Full Version : M4 cut upper and A2 barrel

Bertellione
December 20, 2016, 14:03
The other night I put my A2 built together and the next day forgot to check if the upper was M4 cut, and what the barrel was cut for. Turns out the FN barrel is A2 cut and the Upper is M4 cut othe feed ramps. Will it function reliably or should I sell the upper and try to find an older A2 upper?

Fn/form
December 20, 2016, 21:50
The other night I put my A2 built together and the next day forgot to check if the upper was M4 cut, and what the barrel was cut for. Turns out the FN barrel is A2 cut and the Upper is M4 cut othe feed ramps. Will it function reliably or should I sell the upper and try to find an older A2 upper?

The only Rifle ramp/M4 cut I personally know of has infrequent feed problems. Not often but you can see the copper shavings in the M4 cuts.

Sis n laws brother bought it in the Sandy Hook panic days.

W.E.G.
December 20, 2016, 21:57
Those "shavings" are probably just offal that COLLECTED in the grooves, as opposed to having been CAUSED by the grooves.

Shoot the hell out of it without worry.

Sagerider
December 20, 2016, 22:44
This right here

Bertellione
December 21, 2016, 00:32
This right here

Thanks that's what I thought maybe I can trade the m4 cut upper for somthing else. I realy don't want to build an old school M4 I like the mid lengths on my 16" rifles and have plenty of them, and if I keep the upper eventually I will have to build it. FN barrels are to pricy to keep an upper I don't really want to put together.

burtman
December 21, 2016, 00:54
Check this guys WTB thread out maybe you could make a deal ??

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408480

Bertellione
December 21, 2016, 01:28
Check this guys WTB thread out maybe you could make a deal ??

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408480

Ya but he says he wants a flat top, mine has the carry handle and A2 sight like the very first M4s. I was just looking on the net at Delton they have A2 uppers for 85$ stripped. I will have to call them in the morning to confirm they are not M4 cut.

I sent him a pm about it just in case maybe he would like to trade or by mine.

Bertellione
December 21, 2016, 02:20
sorry bert got my wires crossed on that one as I haven't run into a A2 upper with m4 ramps

No problem at all your just trying to help members out to find what they are wanting.

The first M4s had A2 recievers the military ones I have been told by my little brother who was in the corp said they didn't have M4 cuts in their upper but the civilian ones did and I don't know if the armies first A2 style M4 had the cuts or not.