PDA

View Full Version : CZ Weapons Plant Manufacturing Video

Bubacus
December 19, 2016, 10:34
Very impressive video on the manufacturing techniques used by CZ on their pistols. Kind of the "How It's Made" for the CZ fan:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NZtOROP58xQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thorack
December 19, 2016, 19:15
Hmmm,

Nice blond. Czech women are smokin if they have all their teeth. I was surprised to see Korean CNC machines and wax investment casting.

Thorack

mp
December 20, 2016, 08:54
That is not reverse investment casting--that IS investment casting.

MAINER
December 20, 2016, 10:44
That is not reverse investment casting--that IS investment casting.

I've invested in one of their castings, happily so, might invest in another. :biggrin:

Combloc
December 25, 2016, 23:40
Excellent video!

fnogger
December 26, 2016, 19:45
I've invested in one of their castings, happily so, might invest in another. :biggrin:

I'm running a 1/3 "keep forever" on the CZ family, 1/4 if you include clones.

First was a TA-90. CZ75 clone, slide mounted decocker/safety. Inexpensive ($175 wholesale in '91), built like a tank, super accurate, 100% reliable. Wish I hadn't sold it.... but I doubled my money.

Then I got a CZ P40. Frame mounted decocker, alloy frame, light weight, compact(er) size 40 S&W. Was OK, but recoil was up there due to the light weight. Mags were a pain to get more than 8 rounds into, and spare correct mags (funky base plate, etc) are close to $40. Sold it, don't regret it. Fine pistol, just not for me.

Then I got a CZ 455 Varmint. Great rifle... just ended up staying in the case at the range as opposed to my 10/22 build. The 10/22 was just more consistently accurate with a wider variety of ammo. If I get another new production 22 bolt gun, it will probably be another CZ of some type. Again, great gun, but I had other sirens singing to me...

About a year ago, I got my CZ 75 BD - Frame mounted decocker, no safety. Cheap to shoot, 100% reliable, inexpensive spare mags. Won't be selling this one.... and am considering selling some other things to fund a Kadet conversion kit for it.

Bug Tussell
December 26, 2016, 22:09
Splat turned me onto CZs. I ain't looked back.

D P Six
December 28, 2016, 15:08
Had a terrible burn earlier this year to get a CZ75 SP01 with the decocker. Waited for months and months and finally my dealer said it was a crap shoot when the gun would arrive. I'm too old for an open ended wait for a gun I truly don't need so I moved on. I had planned to upgrade the gun with Cajun Gun Works parts to make the trigger more presentable.