PDA

View Full Version : Troy pdw stock

badzero
December 15, 2016, 23:39
Any one have one of these or seen them function first hand?

https://troyind.com/products/pdw-stock-kit-blk

hueyville
December 16, 2016, 09:40
Yes, they work fine but loose some of the soft shooting a true buffer system is designed for. Very expensive and unless traded into one at buffer rifle price no way spending the bucks. Also except deeply discounted parts found on clearance have avoided Troy since the big political fiasco with owner backing statements made by his employee "B. M.". Google it or wait, someone here will turn inside out over idea of Troy getting a single penny of money off American public.

GOVT1911
December 16, 2016, 10:08
My roommate has one. It looks cool and does make for a very compact SBR, but it's not comfortable and costs waaaay more than I'd personally be willing to pay for it.

It looks pretty cool and goes well with the plate carriers many COD kids insist on wearing to the local range. ;)

badzero
December 16, 2016, 18:23
Thanks for the heads up on his employees. **** them, they won't ever get one penny of my business.

hueyville
December 16, 2016, 20:08
My roommate has one. It looks cool and does make for a very compact SBR, but it's not comfortable and costs waaaay more than I'd personally be willing to pay for it.

It looks pretty cool and goes well with the plate carriers many COD kids insist on wearing to the local range. ;)

Like this, looks good with tactical plate carrier. Now I may have to get one. Haha, nope. As far as employees, it was more the way owner reacted to concerned clients than actual issue than employee folks freaked about. Once hired, it's hard to fire someone without something done that involves the new job. Owners mightier than though attitude toward the people who spend large on his product turned me totally off. When my clients get upset, I usually try to act nice and salvage their patronage.

As to the product, saving a few inches of length for the cost of this product, the fact it requires a proprietary bolt that if breaks can only be sourced from Troy and not scavenged from another rifle or spare parts box, doesn't shoot as good as a traditional stock kills all appeal. Find a setup used for under a hundred bucks will buy it. Otherwise watch the fan boys strut and show theirs off.

badzero
December 16, 2016, 20:15
Yeah, no. Its all about their employees.

Troy stands by their employee, Lon Horiuchiís partner at Ruby Ridge! (http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=8860)