PDA

View Full Version : Ar 15 9MM dedicated components

Canuckienns
December 13, 2016, 08:43
I have been waiting to purchase a 9mm AR lower receiver that takes Glock magazines from Palmetto State Armory for several months. So far I have not seen any of their matching uppers for sale. Always out of stock, except for a little short pistol upper with an Odin tube. I have been checking around and it seems that New Frontier Armory is making 9mm Ar Receivers for several outfits. It looks like the PSA lower is from them also. I was wondering if anyone has been able to assemble one of these yet.?

leper
December 13, 2016, 13:50
i have a NF colt mag lower with a standard flat top upper and it works great no issues at all. If I needed a lower for glock mags, I wouldn't think twice about getting another New Frontier product.

ByronF
December 13, 2016, 14:19
There is nothing special sbout their upper. Use any 9mm barrel with a glock-cut bolt and build your own if you like. Be sure to use special 9mm buffer though.

GOVT1911
December 13, 2016, 18:05
There is nothing special sbout their upper. Use any 9mm barrel with a glock-cut bolt and build your own if you like. Be sure to use special 9mm buffer though.

What he said. I've built a couple, easy as pie. Even easier than a "regular" AR build because it's blowback.

I've used a New Frontier and a PSA lower an as far as my untrained eye can tell, they're identical. I just picked up an 80% Glock mag lower from Daytona Tactical, also looks like same manufacturer.

Canuckienns
December 13, 2016, 20:15
Great info guys. Thanks.
PS ..PSA must have read my mind, as they have a couple of uppers this evening.

Timber Wolf
December 13, 2016, 20:30
[QUOTE=Canuckienns;4338939PSA must have read my mind[/QUOTE]

I don't know about my mind, but they sure as hell know how to tap my bank account.:facepalm:

I have a 9mm upper from them built up on their lower. I like it except it will wedge loaded cartridges in the chamber and I have to force the charging handle against the edge of the bench to get the cartridge to extract. I need to figure this out (really light chamber?) as I built this to run matches and their ain't no bench out on the stage to use to beat the gun open and extract a loaded round. They kind of frown on shooting the last round out after your run too.:sad:

Canuckienns
December 14, 2016, 08:00
I must have misread their description, as I was under the impression that one had to use their upper receiver to function with their lower. Some of our members stated that any upper with the correct Glock bolt would work. I have tons of upper receivers and parts here.
It also seems that if you use a propritorty upper receiver, as in PSA or New Frontier, that there is bolt hold open on the upper. PSA also lists a lower with a BHOPD, that I would assume that you need to use a regular upper receiver.

leper
December 14, 2016, 15:05
I believe PSA's older adds stated you must use one of their uppers, but now looks like its only recommended.
I'm building a glock mag gun using an 80% lower and have decided I can live without the LRBHO and will use one of my regular ar uppers.