PDA

View Full Version : CZ Scropion EVO

PARA FN FAL
December 11, 2016, 07:52
Why don't I see anyone talking about this weapon here? Is it to new or do people see it as a toy because it's plastic? From my limited time using a pistol with a brace it seems really impressive. The accuracy is very good and I think it feels good in my hands compared to some other SMG type guns like the UZI,TEC9,MAC10 and M11. The translucent mags are a nice touch and the rails work for me so far. Anybody here have one with an enlightened opinion?

Thorack
December 11, 2016, 08:07
Yeah,

I got an EVO rifle with a fake can on lay a way. It truly is a great little subgun that folks say is the gun HK should have built rather than the UMP. The only problem I've ever heard mentioned but not seen is fact the trunnion is only supported by Polymer.

If it was being used in full auto I could see it might be a problem but with semi auto's I think you will be hard pressed to get the gun hot enough to have any issues. They say the polymer is really high temp stuff.

The Czechs aren't saying anything. My brother in law is Czech and says that the big news is with all with the sweetheart deals and limited testing for the new BREN 5.56 Assault rifle.

Thorack

rbgonoles
December 11, 2016, 08:19
Here's my EVO. I got my stamp back a few weeks ago. I added the HBI safety, trigger and springs upgrade. Also added an extended mag release and grip from Yeti Wurks. I'm really loving her.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag403/burker2525/IMG_7929_zpsz9rjnhod.jpg (http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/burker2525/media/IMG_7929_zpsz9rjnhod.jpg.html)

Thorack
December 11, 2016, 10:07
Wow!

That looks the tits. Do the sights co witness with your optic? Does the sightline work well with the low optics and the standard stock?

Thorack

rbgonoles
December 11, 2016, 10:32
Thanks! The red dot co-witnesses perfectly with the sights. The stock angle is great with the low optic because it was meant for the factory sights. Cheers!

Fn/form
December 11, 2016, 11:37
Prefer it to the SIG equiv, that's for sure.

TXMoose
December 11, 2016, 13:57
Got 400 rounds through the carbine, fun little gun and likes the nato spec 124gr I stock

John A
December 11, 2016, 15:11
I like mine.

Near Sighted Sniper
December 11, 2016, 23:38
I have one & absolutely LOVE it. With that said I am a big fan of CZ, I generally Love everything that they put out. I did buy a 2nd EVO to put away for my boy,he's 3 now & I think it'll be really cool to give him a brand new in box 18 year old pistol when he turns 21!!!
On a side not I bought a CZ 85 Combat about 8 years ago, he's gonna get that one too. It is also NIB.

My Evo is sporting a Primary Arms red dot that is really cool. I really need to get off my arse & SBR this thing, shooting it as a pistol even with the brace sucks.

aussiedave
December 22, 2016, 07:49
i have one with 1500rds through it, I love it. 2 moa at 100yards, only thing I have done is put a sling on it and got 20 mags for it

hagar
December 22, 2016, 10:07
I'd like to shoot one, I'm a big fan of 9mm carbines. They are very popular in South Africa, but they do not have the silly 16 inch barrel law, the carbine available here looks like chit.

nightschneider
December 22, 2016, 12:56
I got one; I love it; SBR'd it - wearing a TiRant on the front end.

Just a pleasant, fun little gun; nice and quiet with subs.

cheap mags, and suppresses well; this is why I went with the Scorpion over the MPX...

gaijinsamurai
January 02, 2017, 14:23
I love mine. I have the KAC Shockwave "Armbrace", which makes a world of difference.

aussiedave
January 03, 2017, 20:13
ran 120 rds through it for new years eve, bumped them out in about 35 seconds.. welcome 2017

mnop308
January 04, 2017, 21:13
Got one a few days ago and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Did notice that the RH safety was rubbing my trigger finger pretty bad, but just moved the grip back and that seemed to have cured the problem. I can't find many ammo recommendations for the scorpion. How do they run with HP's, steel case, aluminum case and +P or +P+ ammo?

rbgonoles
January 04, 2017, 21:29
Got one a few days ago and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Did notice that the RH safety was rubbing my trigger finger pretty bad, but just moved the grip back and that seemed to have cured the problem. I can't find many ammo recommendations for the scorpion. How do they run with HP's, steel case, aluminum case and +P or +P+ ammo?

Get this safety. It'll solve the rubbing issue. Plus it's awesome.

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-scorpion-mini-ak-style-safety-selectors/

Also, I've read hat aluminum case doesn't run well.

mnop308
January 04, 2017, 21:53
Yeah, I have looked at the HB stuff and have thought about the AR right side safety. I like being able to flick it on with the top of my trigger finger. Also forgot to ask about lead bullet reloads.

rbgonoles
January 04, 2017, 21:58
Initially put the Ar safety on the left side and delete on the left. It was still tough to manipulate. So I tried the AK mini style on the right and it's perfect. More leverage makes it easier to flip on and off. Still can use the Ar one on the left.

mnop308
January 04, 2017, 22:23
I thought about that too, but the wife who shoots wrong sided will also be using this may have problems since she NEVER shoots my AK's and only the AR's. This rifle is for use around the farm when something needs a little more punch than 22lr.

nightschneider
January 05, 2017, 10:38
I haven't heard anything specific about what bullets to shoot. It's a cold hammer forged rifled barrel - I would imagine it will shoot lead.

I have had very good accuracy with jacketed bullets for a few varieties thus far.

mnop308
January 05, 2017, 18:27
Thanks for the input guys. The FAL/AK Files have been a great source of info.

"You boys are gonna be my brain trust." "What's that mean Everett?"