PDA

View Full Version : What is the Value of a Yugo 48 Rifle

gunshooter
December 09, 2016, 10:22
What is the Value of a Yugo 48 Rifle That some one had in their possession and saw fit to attempt to remove the rear site pin and in the process, break off the ear of the site base?

The spring is still there but the site is missing.

Some one also scratched in a 16 square checker board in the butt stock, not too deep.

The rifle has the hood and the rifle other wise looks fine.

It was given to the guy I got it from and I am attempting to come up with a fair price to pay him for the rifle as I want to sweat on a replacement rear site and use the rifle as a shooter.

:fal:

K. Funk
December 10, 2016, 06:11
A value for a nice, all matching no issues rifle would be around $275. The one you describe would be around $150 -$175 for me. Luckily, there are lots of parts out there for them.

krf

mutter
December 10, 2016, 07:09
The sight is a minus but the checker board is a massive cool plus if it is original. If the gun isn't a sewer pipe and if the checker board is original, then we are talking at 400. We are dealing at 300. We are doing business at 250 to 300. And we are freinds at 225.

If the checker board is not original then we are dealing at 150.

Rivaltm
December 12, 2016, 23:33
Post a picture of the stock if you can--it sounds like a Croat checkerboard, now found on the Croatian flag.

gunshooter
December 13, 2016, 10:34
Thanks for the info!

I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how.

:thumbsup:

STGThndr
December 27, 2016, 12:44
I like these Yugo Mausers, and many of them have seen some history during the last few decades. Chances are good that the ones we've seen here are either Croat or Bosnian. Your problem with the front sight sounds reparable with a replacement original-type rear sight!