PDA

View Full Version : NIB Devine M1A

Mark IV
December 05, 2016, 12:37
For sale in my area. $4,200, unfired. Worth it?

Here's the text from the ad.

"I have a mint unfired safe queen 00003XX SN National Match Devine TX Elmer Balance built Springfield M1A

This is the best example my Dad could find when he bought it. I have other items for sale too. "

ServiceRifle
December 05, 2016, 12:59
For sale in my area. $4,200, unfired. Worth it?

Here's the text from the ad.

"I have a mint unfired safe queen 00003XX SN National Match Devine TX Elmer Balance built Springfield M1A

This is the best example my Dad could find when he bought it. I have other items for sale too. "

A little over priced. But the important thing is the barrel markings. If you want to know what they should look like go here:

http://www.warbirdscustomguns.com/Texas%20M1A's.htm

2barearms
December 05, 2016, 17:11
I suppose if you want it for a collection and can put it under glass
it's ok. Beware the fakes.

Jarhead504
December 05, 2016, 23:48
If you collect M-14 clones but I don't think anyone has an actual M-14 clone collection. Some folks might pay that for its rarity but it wouldn't be any more special in terms of performance, accuracy, safety, reliability or longevity as any other M-14 clone composed of USGI parts.

If you want a better shooting M-14 variant copy, just spent that kind of money on an LRB or if you are in Art Banks area, he might be able to hook you up with a Bula Forge piece, but for now they are made of un-obtainium, so good luck.

$4200 for a Devine? Kind of high.

Jarhead