PDA

View Full Version : What do ha think of this stock adapter?

NFADLR
December 01, 2016, 19:55
Anyone use one of these ?

Plan to pick one up to make an already short AR shorter.

http://www.arfoldingstock.com/img/Gen3M-One-Sheet-small.jpg

ByronF
December 01, 2016, 20:21
If shortening for stowage during transport I'd simply separate upper from lower. Other than packing into luggage I'd rather not have my AR folded in half, lest I actually want to use it. So while nifty, I'm nowhere near interested enough to pay the princely sum for one. It also makes an already thin carbine fat when folded.

My buy-in point is $50.

Sparkey762
December 01, 2016, 22:37
I have a Dead Foot Arms MCS. It is kind of pricey and it folds up wide as mentioned, but it is able to fire while folded.

Sig220
December 01, 2016, 22:42
If I had the desire to go short with a AR, I would just build it from scratch and register the lower as a pistol and use a 10.5 barrel...if it gets much shorter, ya might as well have a pistol....;)

NFADLR
December 01, 2016, 23:41
Ive done everything you've mentioned but register it.

I plan to use a 8.5 -9" barrel if I ever find a barrel that fits my needs.

I never felt the need to tell government what I own or possess just so they can come and collect it when the time comes that they try and take more of our rights.

If I had the desire to go short with a AR, I would just build it from scratch and register the lower as a pistol and use a 10.5 barrel...if it gets much shorter, ya might as well have a pistol....;)

the gman
December 02, 2016, 09:27
I've used and installed several of the LAW Adapters and they are pricey but very good. They work as advertised and the latest iteration is the best. Never saw the point of firing a weapon with a folding stock with the stock folded; it has a stock, therefore use the damn thing!

Designed a nifty rig for really short AR's fitted with the LAW adapter to be carried under a loose fitting jacket or trench coat via a modified double shoulder holster. To bring the weapon to bear, reach up under right armpit, disconnect 1" Fastex buckle connecting weapon to holster with left hand then sweep weapon up. Shock cord connected to holster unfolded stock during the draw so by the time the right hand was on the PG, the stock was deployed and the weapon could be fired. Shock cord was long enough that you could stretch it to shoulder the weapon. One spare mag was on the opposite side of the gun on the holster.

Played with it a bit and the AR with the stock folded was very bulky and hard to conceal. For PSD teams in certain locales, it would be doable. Also worked with the SIG 550 series but again, too bulky for my liking so I sold the rig to a buddy of mine a couple years ago.

Now if you were carrying say an 8" barreled AR in something like a small musical instrument case, I think you could deploy the gun, ready to go in under a couple seconds. Dragging it out of a back pack would take a little longer but certainly far faster than trying to assemble an AR separated into upper and lower. You can also use the LAW adapter with a pistol buffer tube to make a really small pistol rather than registering it as an SBR... :shades::bigangel:

I'm also putting one of these on a 10.5" AR for work. Damn sight easier to handle a much shorter gun in a vehicle and unfold when I deploy than struggle with a full stock inside my unit.

This is my work shot gun and its a LOT handier in my unit when its folded. Unfolding takes no time at all... :shades:;)

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i379/thegman1763/Shotty1.jpg

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i379/thegman1763/Shotty2.jpg

Fn/form
December 02, 2016, 18:38
Reminds me of a recent discussion about DT/DTA rifles. You don't see the point unless you have a use for it.

L Haney
December 02, 2016, 18:49
If it didn't have the "ION Bond DLC Finish", I'd never consider it. But that alone was more than enough for me to know this was bona fide.

December 02, 2016, 18:52
yanno, there is a type of rifle called a "bullpup".

NFADLR
December 02, 2016, 19:13
Bullpup configuration does not fit the mission, this would be a pistol build, reason for this devices use would be to reduce length when storage and be quicker to deploy than assembling upper to lower.

yanno, there is a type of rifle called a "bullpup".

L Haney
December 02, 2016, 19:18
Bullpup configuration does not fit the mission, this would be a pistol build, reason for this devices use would be to reduce length when storage and be quicker to deploy than assembling upper to lower.

Just a suggestion. If you put what you're quoting above your response it will read in chronological order and be easier for the reader to grasp.

No harshing on you, just a suggestion.

Lowell

NFADLR
December 02, 2016, 19:36
I've been posting this way since the days of KBBS, (1985 Vintage time frame) Thats 31 years of posting in that style, old habits are sometimes hard to break and or change.

Just a suggestion. If you put what you're quoting above your response it will read in chronological order and be easier for the reader to grasp.

No harshing on you, just a suggestion.

Lowell

L Haney
December 02, 2016, 19:54
.... old habits are sometimes hard to break and or change.

Understood, I still smoke. Probably end up dead from it.

AFeod
December 02, 2016, 20:17
I was looking at these the other day. Seemed a bit pricey, but if it fits the bill why not. When my next ar is close to finished I'll check it out for sure.

NFADLR: I just saw a barrel on sale in SS that you're looking for. For the life of me I can't remember where. I'll search around some more and if I find it I'll send you the link.

Ps: I think I'm just gonna send you those BKs. They're takin up room on the bench:beer:

NFADLR
December 02, 2016, 20:31
Sounds great..

EMAIL me for contact info.

Thanks in advance.
I was looking at these the other day. Seemed a bit pricey, but if it fits the bill why not. When my next ar is close to finished I'll check it out for sure.

NFADLR: I just saw a barrel on sale in SS that you're looking for. For the life of me I can't remember where. I'll search around some more and if I find it I'll send you the link.

Ps: I think I'm just gonna send you those BKs. They're takin up room on the bench:beer:

I quit 2 weeks into my first duty station assignment, an atoll island in the south pacific from memory of 36 years ago.

For Mr Haney...
<iframe width="750" height="500" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k_JnCWT-_O8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Understood, I still smoke. Probably end up dead from it.