PDA

View Full Version : 3/62 Santa Fe G3 auction...

VALMET
November 27, 2016, 15:36
Remarkable...

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/601408818

KIT
November 28, 2016, 11:47
Yikes!! .......... $34k :eek:

FriendBesto
November 28, 2016, 12:01
Looking at the pics, it has the trip lever and full auto bolt carrier.
It's a machinegun which is the only thing that makes sense for that price.

hkshooter
November 28, 2016, 12:44
Looking at the pics, it has the trip lever and full auto bolt carrier.
It's a machinegun which is the only thing that makes sense for that price.

No, it's not.

gunshooter
November 28, 2016, 13:58
It is an original "push-pin" lower semi-auto HK91 style rifle, made and sold that way before ATF decided it was too close to a MG in features. It is grand fathered because it was here before someone administratively decided it was a no-no.

It is a true collectors item!

FriendBesto
November 28, 2016, 16:19
No, it's not.

Interdasting. So they leave the lever on but the sear catch is missing?

gunshooter
November 28, 2016, 16:46
It has a dimple that does not allow the selector go to a 3rd position. That appears to be all. The trigger group does not appear to differ from the typical trigger pack.

For this reason and the push pin, this is a very unique and collectible rifle.

It only operates in safe and semi fire.

Sort of the same reasoning that Daytona Coupes are stratosphericlly valued over ridiculously expensive Cobras and quality reproduction Cobras and Daytona Coupes begin to approach affordability of us mortals.

hkshooter
November 28, 2016, 19:01
Interdasting. So they leave the lever on but the sear catch is missing?

It has a dimple that does not allow the selector go to a 3rd position. That appears to be all. The trigger group does not appear to differ from the typical trigger pack.

For this reason and the push pin, this is a very unique and collectible rifle.

It only operates in safe and semi fire.

Sort of the same reasoning that Daytona Coupes are stratosphericlly valued over ridiculously expensive Cobras and quality reproduction Cobras and Daytona Coupes begin to approach affordability of us mortals.

Yup, sear catch and trip lever are all there, only the bump that stops the selector is different. And the missing 'F'. I've seen one example of these that had the trip lever removed but I believe they all came with it.
Unicorn shit right here, extremely rare.
These are even more unique than the sear cut G FAL's in that the FALs don't have the safety sear installed. With the 62 G3 everything is there, it just won't shoot auto unless a modification is made.

hansellhd
November 29, 2016, 23:13
The 20 round mag looks like it came from a CETME.

denny
December 03, 2016, 21:15
I saw a couple of these on Gun broker last year for about 8 K.
That mag looks like a Cetme 25rd. mag.
Denny

partisan50
December 04, 2016, 08:52
Technically a MG with a pinned selector. Truly rare beast.

Impala_Guy
December 04, 2016, 11:14
Absurd, but with the limited number of these imported, you're going to attract the Reed Knight / Larry Vickers types. I wouldnt be suprised if the government were buying these up to get rid of them. Cant trust the little folks with their rights.

Its amazing what people will pay for a lack of importers stamps and other intrinsic value on a military firearm. So if you changed the lower on this out to an unmarked semi auto only lower that retains the push pin so you didnt have to look at all that crap stamped on the side (yes I know they are numbered together), would you get yourself in trouble? Wheres "the list" and letter for these guns?

VALMET
December 08, 2016, 17:08
To my knowledge these were imported in three batches in 1962 (March 3/62, July 7/62, and Nov 11/62) with March being the rarest as they have the true swing-down lower. 7/62 and 11/62 marked G3s will still fetch $6-8k+.

superjc
December 08, 2016, 21:38
So all that keeps this from going into FA mode is a dimpled nub on the stamped metal lower? I can see why the ATF mandated these (and all HK style rifles) be significantly more different than a real G3? :uhoh: