PDA

View Full Version : SilencerCo Omega 9k

gates
November 26, 2016, 23:09
Picked one up on a Black Friday sale - gonna put it on a 300BO - cool can, very short, rated full auto (not that I have one) - haven't checked wait times lately but I should have it by this time next year:facepalm:

Bawana jim
November 27, 2016, 10:09
Cans are selling like hot cakes and I hear the wait time is now 8 months.

meltblown
November 27, 2016, 12:18
Were you able to get it below MSRP? I have the larger Omega. Yours would be cool on a 9mm pistol. The Octane 45 is huge compared to the Omega 9.

Also, Silencerco is having 30% off on muzzle devices FYI

hueyville
November 27, 2016, 15:21
Eight months on Form 4's from what have been experiencing with all my purchases leading up to the rule change. Expect once they get through the huge number of pre July 13 Trust applications we should go back to three to four month flip.

Anyone sent in a Form 1 recently? My last Form 1 came back in six weeks before the big rule change swamped the system. Form 1's been faster than Form 4's for me in most circumstances. Other issue pondering is set up a second trust or do all as an individual? Have to research implications of both as have two Form 1 projects want to do and considering other Form 4 purchases.

tac-40
November 27, 2016, 21:04
Alfabet boys are still sayin 8 months minimum wait for now.

gates
November 28, 2016, 01:23
Yeah... the can was $699 not great but it was available and $150 below what they normally price them at, went to another funstore today - they said 12ish months is what they are seeing on 4's while we get the pig through the python. Oh well what are you going to do.

nightschneider
December 01, 2016, 12:50
It is a badass can.

I bought one as soon as they came out...I should be able to take it home in a month or so (form went in late April).

I shot it on my .300BO SBR (8.3"). It was BARELY louder than my specwar7.62 and my Hybrid with both sub and super sonic. This was not scientific...just shooting them at the range, and standing off to the right side of the gun 15' or so. Totally hearing safe...at least to my ears on an outdoor range.

And the gun is effectively like a 13" barrel suppressed...I'm soooo excited to take that one home.