PDA

View Full Version : Norinco M14s with Juggernaut chassis and drum

faltothebone
November 21, 2016, 03:01
I am being offered a trade for this set up with drum mag. I saw it once and it looks in nice condition, but I am far from an expert in these. I could not see any roll marks because it's hidden behind chassis, but was assured it's a Norinco M14s.

Can anyone tell me ball park value so I know I am not getting short end of stick?

He is lookng to sell/trade soon so any help is appreciated.

hardass
November 21, 2016, 09:15
Norinco rifles sell around $700-$1000. I've seen a couple sell for $600 recently.
The jugggernaut stock goes for around $850...+/-.
Don't know what type of drum or how many rds it holds, but I think the 50 rd drums I've seen go for around $250-$350.

ArtBanks
November 21, 2016, 09:52
7 to 8 hundred for the rifle. I personally would skip the Rogue and the drum. I had to have one as a novelty. A big not worth it.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/nf1e/P1010020.jpg (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/P1010020.jpg.html)

Semper Fi
Art

faltothebone
November 21, 2016, 12:41
Thanks for the info guys! Art, that's exactly the set up and yes, would be pure novelty for me. Just had that different look to it, except I did not like the weight. He's in the $1700 range for the package which I am leaning towards passing. Again, thanks!

Jarhead504
November 21, 2016, 21:44
$1700 is too much for a Norinco M-14 clone. Also, leaving an M-14 closer to its original form will give you less problems, especially for newbies into The M-14 CULT, i.e.; barrels chopped short, wild stocks, goofy rail systems, Da' Lawd only knows. The M-14 ain't no Lego-style AR-15 where you can swap out parts in a nano-second. Just about everything on the M-14 needs to be hand-fitted at some point and just like tuning a car, if you mess with one thing, you MIGHT cause problems in another area in which you MIGHT THINK is unrelated, but everything on the M-14 is and MUST work in harmony.

Looka: Go to the Marketplace and check out some of the M-14 clones here. If I had the spare bling, I would buy up most of them. Some of them are EXCELLENT deals, especially those that are composed of (mostly) USGI parts.

Jarhead

faltothebone
November 21, 2016, 22:17
Thanks again for the info. It's a good thing I asked. I already told him I'll pass. He wanted to know answer quick and figured I would ask the experts here for a quick response and quick response I got.

I think I'll stick to FALs in 7.62

Jarhead504
November 21, 2016, 22:41
Thanks again for the info. It's a good thing I asked. I already told him I'll pass. He wanted to know answer quick and figured I would ask the experts here for a quick response and quick response I got.

Yeah brother. Getting an M-14 clone or a FAL clone needs the help of someone who KNOWS about these type of rifles as most of them are kit guns, put together by men from all spectrum of smiths or worse (sometimes), hobbyists, from artists in steel to gun butchers. The parts vary in quality from brand spanking new - which might actually be to spec or cast copies that look like they were pssed through a reptile with strong gastric juices, to military rejects that were sold off for scrap but unfortunately were recycled for greed, at the expense of everyone else.

Then the real question about these rifles is "WHO put it together?" This is especially the hard question for the M-14 as THE man who makes them must have: the right knowledge - from proper training, experience- from working on them correctly, spare parts - to marry the ones that need to fit right "the first time" without a lot of hand fitting, the tools - all guns need some kind of special tools and the M-14 must be The Queen of special needs tools, some help-preferably Divine Intervention, close relations (on speaking terms) with the manufacturer of the receiver you gave him to build upon, patience -as in Job level of patience, a place to do it all in a reasonable time constraint and for the victim, errrr I meant the consumer, an affordable fee for you to get this wonderful piece to function safely, reliably and accurately.

Want to enter The M-14 Cult?

You have been warned.

Jarhead

LKY_13
November 22, 2016, 14:33

Don't give in so easily. A properly tuned M14/M1A is still one of the very best shooters money can buy (IMHO).

ArtBanks
November 22, 2016, 15:10
Don't give in so easily. A properly tuned M14/M1A is still one of the very best shooters money can buy (IMHO).

Agreed. I have found , at least with my herd, that the M-14s will always out shoot the FALs. My FALs are Belgian and all my M-14s are home built.

faltothebone
November 22, 2016, 16:43
Are you guys trying to get me into the M14 cult?:confused:

I am not familiar with the M14 as you can tell. Only 7.62 I have experience with are AR10's and FAL's and know FALs are not normally tack drivers, but fun as hell to shoot (I prefer para's). I just came across the Norinco bullpup and just thought it was something different.