PDA

View Full Version : Price increase at PSA?

Mark IV
November 18, 2016, 12:51
Blemished stripped lowers $90. Weren't they $80 about 2-3 weeks ago? Maybe I'm wrong.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-blemished-safe-fire-lower.html

Their kits and barreled uppers are slim pickin's nowadays too.

GOVT1911
November 18, 2016, 14:39
Yup. I figured they'd drop for a couple reasons: election results and dumping inventory before end of the year.

I can still pick up Anderson stripped lowers locally for $55.

FALonious
November 18, 2016, 14:42
Price increases on a few things over the past several weeks there.

rowjimmy
November 18, 2016, 14:58
Worry not men, Black Friday cometh!

jhend170
November 18, 2016, 15:30
$50 at Primary Arms. I picked up a couple pre-election. Guess I have to build an AR or 2 now. Damn. or not :biggrin:

http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-manufacturing-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver-closed-ear-ar-15-a3-lwfor-um-closed

richbug
November 18, 2016, 16:53
Worry not men, Black Friday cometh!

Credit card already cringing. Seems like they are dropping some of the BF deals early. Already had to order twice today.

hueyville
November 18, 2016, 17:28
Bought lowers so heavy when $40 and less that should not need anymore. Have a medium size safe full of nothing but AR receivers. Went to LGS today and picked up take off front sight tower (FN same as dot gov buys), set of factory handguards, collapsible stock, Ruger factory barrel, cheap plastic bipod and AR10 buffer with spring all for $20 out the door. Have all the AR's could ever need so now it's all about waiting for deals to build parts guns on the cheap. It's not uncommon to put together parts rifles for under $200 total investment sans optics.

Keeping a few nice matched billet upper and lower receivers for when find deals on match barrels and will buy appropriate parts to build them. Only problem with building a nice AR there is not much way around buying a $600 to $1,200 optic. Screwed together so many Legos that it's not exciting as once was and then theres the additional safes have to buy as they pile up. Last nice AR 10 build has been waiting over a year to justify the $1,700 chunk of glass going on top which is a compromise due to finances. All this and really want to order a custom bolt rifle but that it turns into a five figure adventure.

Mark IV
November 20, 2016, 20:52
BF will come, but what will PSA have? Their pickings have been slim on the CHF uppers/kits that I want.

Oh well, we'll see what happens Friday next.

oleblu72
November 21, 2016, 23:40
BF will come, but what will PSA have? Their pickings have been slim on the CHF uppers/kits that I want.

Oh well, we'll see what happens Friday next.

Yeah I've been waiting for the price to drop on a short barrel complete upper with CHF barrel with free shipping .

Mark

FALonious
November 22, 2016, 06:24
Here is a perfect example. Last week and then again on Sat I received their e-mail ad, in it the H&K VP9 was $449.99 free ship....but always out of stock.
Yesterday I get the BF e-mail......same gun is now $519.99 and low and behold...it's IN stock at the higher price. NICE....It was just 22 hours later....I checked the e-mails.
Not that I even want this item but that just pissed me off big time. That's CTD tactics. At least without the outrageous shipping charges that CTD has.

Bladewurk
November 22, 2016, 17:26
Here is a perfect example. Last week and then again on Sat I received their e-mail ad, in it the H&K VP9 was $449.99 free ship....but always out of stock.
Yesterday I get the BF e-mail......same gun is now $519.99 and low and behold...it's IN stock at the higher price. NICE....It was just 22 hours later....I checked the e-mails.
Not that I even want this item but that just pissed me off big time. That's CTD tactics. At least without the outrageous shipping charges that CTD has.

This particular item may be subject to MAP Dealer agreement.
If you use Coupon Code VP9 it goes to $449 and is in stock now.,
Just sayin..

Mark IV
November 22, 2016, 20:55
Just checked them out now. 20" CHF upper, sans BCG and CH ... $499! I think I paid $399 ... maybe less, with BCG and CH in the not too distant past. Crikey!

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-hammer-forged-madness-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

Blackmore
November 22, 2016, 21:58
There are a lot of vendors sitting on a lot of inventory which they expected to be flying out the door starting on November 9. Maybe not gouging, but at prices higher than before the election. I'd be surprised if some of them aren't very nervous and overextended right now.

badzero
November 22, 2016, 23:32
Seems like there is a lot of parts out of stock, almost like they're waiting for something to happen so they don't get caught short.

Tuscan Raider
November 23, 2016, 01:49
Huge salad days forthcoming.

Wait.

mp
November 23, 2016, 08:27

Gotta use the VP9 code. Lots of guys have been jumping on this $449 deal. It comes and goes from in stock to out of stock--you need to stalk the page to get in on the deal.

MAINER
November 23, 2016, 10:00
Nothing wrong with PSA's "Premium Bolt Carrier Group" at a price of $69 right now. 50 Ca. Ammo cans at $7.99 is nice too as long as they are not "hencho en chine".

richbug
November 23, 2016, 14:41
50 Ca. Ammo cans at $7.99 is nice too as long as they are not "hencho en chine".

They had 30 cal ones a few days ago for $7.99, they just came a few minutes ago, USA made, sticker says "Blackhawk".

Never thought I would see 50's for that price.

FALonious
November 23, 2016, 14:47
Gotta use the VP9 code. Lots of guys have been jumping on this $449 deal. It comes and goes from in stock to out of stock--you need to stalk the page to get in on the deal.

Yes...now. That came out later in the day after I had posted or the next day...they send 2 or more a day now. I got that one too. What I posted was accurate when I posted it and there was no code needed then.

randy762ak
November 23, 2016, 18:04
There are a lot of vendors sitting on a lot of inventory which they expected to be flying out the door starting on November 9. Maybe not gouging, but at prices higher than before the election. I'd be surprised if some of them aren't very nervous and overextended right now.

Yesirieee--- Last Ones in stock -Ever Buy Now before you lose out ,,=> Cheaper Than dirt and CDNN,!! :mad:

Mark IV
November 25, 2016, 06:39
They finally have Surefire 60 round mags in stock .... $99.99. Those went up from when I bought mine. 100 rounders are $129.

hueyville
November 25, 2016, 21:14
LGS had Smith M&P 15's base model for $479 today, let the Black Friday crowd get them in the morning rush, when calmness returned mid afternoon discussed buying a few more when next stocking order comes in at really fair price. Lots of the Black Friday stuff flew out door like $5 30 round pmags and such. Their stack of $325 5.56 ammo didn't shrink much. They had some American Made pump 12 gauge pump riot shotguns for $199 each. Typical aluminum receiver improved cylinder choke but had several left and may buy one in the morning. $199 throw off closest bridge riot shotguns could be handy. Now their gearing website up for cyber Monday. I steer clear of the herds and bottom feed off the items they stocked heavy and didn't sell well.

Have yet to hit a single website looking for deals. From watching the past ten days of retail gun sales (though past month been another record number of 4473's) not a lot shaking since election results. Believe after Christmas all the stuff that got stacked to roof tops anticipating a Hillary win inspired run are going to start eating hay in storage space and will see some good deals like a couple years ago but maybe better. I like barrels, uppers and furniture kits. Finding bargains on decent barrels is my biggest concern. OEM milspec stocks and forearms are fine for most of my builds. When score a really nice barrel then do the free float forearms with nice stock.

Optics are another thing watching close along with rangefinders, bolt carrier groups and reloading components. It's funny, before election sellers set limits on small pistol and all primers. Then when hit me notices of bought all allowed once realized was using three credit cards, two shipping addresses and account in wife's name and two cards dedicated to her account. Got email today asking if wanted to buy a large purchase of small pistol primers with no limit. Also one of my vendors that has had me on strict limits for Unique, Reloader 7, TAC and Varget suddenly are finding eight pound kegs and not mentioning limits.

My deal lately is food. Kroger has been running a deal on my favorite organic cereal. Been going in every day and cleaning the shelf since sale started and up to 60 boxes with four days left. Average ten boxes per day and when sale ends will have to open boxes and vacuum seal most of it. Lots of good food deals going and basement is looking like a Sam's Club or Costco. Body armor has leveled out and actually purchased a seviceable level 2a vest for $19 with $4.95 shipping and a nice level 2a vest for $42. Found another K9 vest for $40 with free shipping so back to piling up kevlar. For some reason bulk powder, primers, cases and body armor have me intrigued so while its available and price normalizing (primers went down $5 per 5k) so cost averaging. Hardware store near my church has 50 cal ammo cans in good shape for $9 locally with no shipping and my tax exempt dealer account side steps that extra 7%. They have all kinds of cans cheap including padded night vision which I pack radios in and missile and large munitions cans we use for food and clothing.

Going to sit on my hands on rifle parts unless something special happens. Have never purchased one of the 60 round magazines spoken of earlier in the thread. For $99 can put ten nice stainless units with self lubricating finish, chrome silicone springs and anti-tilt followers. 300 rounds in mags for price of 60 in mag is an easy choice to me. Practice reloads and the rifle has to cool some anyway. Same with drum magazines. Have one rifle that has two drums dedicated to it but it's a big battle rifle with bipod and weighs almost 20 pounds with a loaded drum but it's built to pour lead like a fire hose and has a box of 30 round mags backing up the two drums that most people couldn't fill with ammo without cleaning out a couple of vendors. An AR it isn't.

Can't believe I am still stockpiling at this stage in life. Figure have four solid years where it's going to be a buyers market and can get myself, adopted sons, nephews and nieces in pretty solid shape. Since got them all in the Trust before rule changes they should be pretty low profile after I part this earth.

wanneroo
November 25, 2016, 21:52
Like I said before Huey, just buy a tank and get it over with.

I have no idea why people expect good deals this time of year. I mean some deals can be found but it's prime shopping season and Palmetto in particular ALWAYS raises their prices on near everything this time of the year. What they do is like all other sellers, they have a few loss leaders to wet the appetite and get you in the door hoping you buy more. And many do.

The time to buy is AFTER Christmas. I always scalp good blowout deals at Midway, Wideners, Palmetto, Cabelas, etc.