PDA

View Full Version : Browning 10ga questions...

AFeod
November 17, 2016, 14:07
So I have the chance to trade into a Browning 10 gauge pump. Its a 3.5" chamber, 28" vent ribbed barrel, made in Japan. It has heavey scroll work on both sides of the reciever as well as a gold trigger. Does anybody have expierience w/ these? I already own an a5 12ga mag that I use for turkey hunting, but it would be nice to reach out a bit further. I wasnt planning on getting another "hunting" shotgun, but rather a coach gun or a trench type shotgun. Maybe I can take it and trade into a trench gun or side by side. What say the rabble? Thanks in advance. :whiskey:

hagar
November 17, 2016, 14:40
Friend of mine had one that he used for coyote calling. I never shot it, but he claimed it kicked like a mule, much worse than a 12 gauge 3.5 inch.

Now I have a 12 gauge 3.5 inch, and with 2 ounces of copper plated bb's it will pound the living daylight out of you.

I think for the occasional turkey or coyote it is a good choice, but not for shooting a lot in a day.

pre1989
November 17, 2016, 16:27
My FFL keep one with 3inch mag loads under the counter in case of trouble ..

I have long wanted to get one ..But loads for it are not as commen as they use to be

And with mag loads yes they kick hard ..More shot and all

I would get it just to have 10 gauge is cool ..Worst case saw it down 18.5 and make a handy road block ish gun

K. Funk
November 17, 2016, 22:35
I had a Browning BPS in 10 Ga, it is a stylish and well built gun. I personally own an AYA double barrel, 10 Ga with 32" barrels, it is a beast and a brush shredder. Will keep it around to keep drones at bay. I also have an H&R 176 cut back to 18" for use on Zombies, a fire breathing, shoulder thumping SOB. I have 2 Ithaca Mag-10's, one of which is on Gunbroker now. They are massive guns!! 10 Ga's aren't for everyone. The goose hunters love them around here.

krf

AFeod
November 17, 2016, 22:54
Well... she's sitting in the safe. Now what to do w/ her. I'll have a bit of time tomorrow and try to post pictures. I didn't get an overly thorough look, but she's awfully purty. Don't think I could cut the barrel down. I think I'll get a box of ammo, see how she feels and go from there. I've got a chance of a turkey hunt after thanksgiving, might have to do a test run there. I've got to see what choke is in there now. Anybody know how to remove a choke w/ out a choke wrench? Both my a5 and wingmaster don't have chokes... thanks!

gordonm1
November 18, 2016, 08:17
I have a BPS 10 gauge. It gets used hunting geese from a blind. They are much more heavy than my 3" 12 gauge BPS which has become my standard bird hunter. The ten gauge doesn't get used much since geese don't eat very well but it will bring them down out of the sky at extended ranges.

I compare it to antiaircraft exercises. Bring down a big goose with a big gun at long range.

My brother did use it pheasant hunting once and got a rooster but they are better off being leaned against something until it's time to shoot, Turkeys or geese are about it or maybe coyotes in close too.

AFeod
November 21, 2016, 23:28
Any idea on approximate value? I'm thinking of putting it up on the mp as a sell or for trade. Any help is appreciated. I just think there might be a goose hunter that would put it to better use, or somebody that already owns a10g or 3. Thanks again. :whiskey:

November 23, 2016, 09:28
i have never even seen a 10 gage.
i just imagine all the sh!t i could blow up with it.

AFeod
November 23, 2016, 13:13
10's will wreck shop. That's for sure. I've handed her over to a good family friend that has always wanted a ten. In exchange he gave me a Charles Daley side by side and a lil pump .22 for my boy. Overall both of us are very happy

November 23, 2016, 18:27
jackrabbits come to mind...