PDA

View Full Version : Stocking up pre election results

oleblu72
November 08, 2016, 13:28
As the heading implies I'm stocking up on AR parts to complete some builds and topping off my ammo chest before the Grim Reaper starts swinging the scythe.

Mark

W.E.G.
November 08, 2016, 13:50
I've been stocking since Richard Nixon was president.

I'm good.

oleblu72
November 08, 2016, 15:42
I've been stocking since Richard Nixon was president.

I'm good.

I sure wish I would have started back them specially when gun kits were cheap.

Mark

hueyville
November 08, 2016, 17:57
Boxes with 25,000 primers from two sources arrived today and verifications of two other orders in shipping. Same with powder, if have those two items the rest is easy. Cast lead bullets for handguns and swage rifle bullets though rimfire hull pickups at range have gone way down for swaging 223 bullets. Have had to chase availability and use multiple vendors for small pistol primers but way fat now. Without breaking open emergency ammo supply can shoot 75 rounds per week of centerfire handgun ammo to age 82. Never get enough range time to burn all the rifle primers. Hope can keep buying for another year as fired 100 rounds Saturday, 150 yesterday and 90 this morning before boxing pistol up to go in for custom smith work. Wanted it to have over 1,000 rounds before left.

LGS promised not to raise prices overnight if Hitlary wins. In that event they have plenty of large pistol primers and may clean the shelf. Small pistol has been my issue as people keep hitting me with limits. All they did is make pay more hazmat fees placing multiple orders on separate cards but still knocked down fair amount. Rifle and large pistol are still plentiful but may see a run tomorrow. When dropped over a grand on one primer order wife waffled for a few moments but knows if don't come home smelling like gunpowder not in as happy mood. She can smell it on me when open door like a cheap hookers perfume. In LGS yesterday afternoon someone commented on how black my hands were, forgot to wash them after evening session and stunned cold get that much powner stains on hands.

Blackmore
November 09, 2016, 06:50
Guess we can close this thread. ;)

hueyville
November 09, 2016, 08:24
At least most of our Sandy Hook deficiencies should be restocked. Now to see if we have more price drops on gun stuff, especially rimfire ammo. Got to be at least one more good bubble left in my lifetime can neckbeard or leave two generations totally hooked up.

J. Armstrong
November 09, 2016, 08:25
At least most of our Sandy Hook deficiencies should be restocked. Now to see if we have more price drops on gun stuff, especially rimfire ammo. Got to be at least one more good bubble left in my lifetime can neckbeard or leave two generations totally hooked up.

+1:beer:

TenTea
November 09, 2016, 08:40
What a concept: To have powder and primers and ammo and parts readily available at a sensible cost...

I could be happy just to float along without these scarcity concerns for awhile. :cool:

kurbelgehause
November 09, 2016, 16:34
Remember. Trump is not the President for another 70 days. A lot can stiil happen.

oleblu72
November 09, 2016, 18:14
Just think when we get rid of O'Bummer and the Feds aren't buying ammo anymore that they don't shoot maybe it will come on the market as Gubberment surplus even 22 cal. and unbutchered gun kits will start flooding the markets again.

Mark

Invictus77
November 09, 2016, 19:13
Just think when we get rid of O'Bummer and the Feds aren't buying ammo anymore that they don't shoot maybe it will come on the market as Gubberment surplus

Don't hold your breath just yet

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/11/09/us-sends-europe-largest-shipment-ammunition-in-20-years.html

TenTea
November 09, 2016, 19:14
repeal repeal repeal ~ repeat repeat repeat ~ ! ! ! :biggrin:

rowjimmy
November 09, 2016, 19:23
Don't hold your breath just yet

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/11/09/us-sends-europe-largest-shipment-ammunition-in-20-years.html

More of that damn Russian aggression.

hueyville
November 10, 2016, 09:07
In LGS owner said his wholesale prices on bulk ammunition dropped three times before lunch yesterday. Past few months had usually sold several guns before lunch and not one sale yet till I came in. Looks like several lightly used guns been looking at may drop price enough to come home with me soon. Two SIG's and been on a streak with them lately. FedX shows my Target model 1911 arrived at their custom shop yesterday.

Trump says he is going to erase anything Obummer does by pen including over 2,000 regulations already passed. Not worried at about executive orders, just watch, continue to buy as prices drop to be sure four years from now have a lifetime supply in case the liberals revolt and get all the minorities and millenials to the polls. Wondering how BATFE will be influenced. Will green tip get banned, will M855A1 become civilian legal, doubt 41F will get backed up to 41P but would be nice if happened. Common sense suppressor regulations and fast tracking should be looked at. Have Form 4 items from May still in limbo. No telling how long will take all the last minute June purchases to clear. LGS says entire shelf of main vault holding stuff I want to mount and warm up.

kurbelgehause
November 10, 2016, 10:24
My wish list of things to be undone:

5.45x39 7N6 import ban when that ammo is less than .22 caliber and should not have been prohibited
Barrel import ban
Bush senior executive order non-sporting rifle import ban
Kill the sporting/non-sporting weapon test!

hueyville
November 10, 2016, 11:37
Would like to see select fire rules loosened just enough it wasn't a $10,000 minimum entry fee for basic rifle. When in teens bought several autosears at a gun show figuring to put back for future use. Laws changed on me and didn't realize, didn't register and pay for tax stamp in 81 which was told later had been an option. Actually forgot the silly pieces of steal and while people still claim are legal to own pre '81 versions if don't have a rifle that will accept them decided that due to whims of BATFE introduced the lot of them to a torch turning them into slag. Was cheaper than lawyer fees.

Considered letting parents hold them, grandmother or anyone trusted without an AR but why? Dancing on the edge of regulations with BATFE is not worth the effort. Have found myself unknowingly close to the line and minute realization clicked went into full speed mode to back up. Right now have a newly built upper that if put on rifle lower would be bad juju. Have on a pistol lower but minute it's suppressor clears will give four spot welds for a one stamp rifle. When look at fines and associated jail time have paid the dot gov taxes and jumped through paperwork. But 15k or more for a ragged out M16/M4 is crazy. Only have suppressors and two M11's in Trust now. Have pair of slidefire stocks and pair of Tapco bump triggers. Will have one of the new Fostec Echo bump triggers that are raging soon as someone tires of burning ammo and wants to recoup some of their $400 for a bump trigger the double tap feature is main reason it attracts me.

If loosened up on manufacturers so could buy a legal M4 in the 3k to 5k range would play that game. But having a 20k or more rifle that wastes ammo is not worth it when bump firing is so easy and no paperwork required. 20k is half way to a decent Colt Gatling gun. Friend recently purchased one and has in living room where coffee table used to sit. Imagine surprise on home invaders face as crank started to move? Feeding the 45/70 is a challenge though but point snout out window and burning a stick of ammo would likely send any trolls on their merry way.

Being able to only pay double semi auto price plus tax stamp for one more position on safety selector would be my wish.

rowjimmy
November 10, 2016, 12:32
Looks like somebody overstocked on mags...I feel like buying 20 more just to cost average:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/d-h-5-56-30rd-aluminum-magazine-8416.html?trk_msg=8F2987A96CC4L9S1V5FR97QBV8&trk_contact=P3HM4MCPV453ASILPE90NVM4N4&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fpalmettostatearmory.com%2fd-h-5-56-30rd-aluminum-magazine-8416.html&utm_campaign=Daily+Deals+Email&utm_content=12%3a00+Email

oleblu72
November 10, 2016, 17:58
I wish they would have another sale on 6.8 mag's.

Mark

hueyville
November 11, 2016, 11:44
They will ease down too. Purchased two dozen extra 6.8 stainless with chrome silicon springs, self lubricating finish and anti-tilt followers for $8.99 about two months ago. My guess is every manufacturer has been running full speed to have inventory if Hitlary won and had a Sandy Hook type run. Now will need to clear extra warehouses. LGS dropped prices on some stuff and now have two more SIG's.

michael_g927
November 11, 2016, 20:21
I would love so see things reversed all the way back to the FIRST gun law. You know. The One that says we can have everything they do. That's the only law needed.

rowjimmy
November 11, 2016, 20:27
..., self lubricating finish....

This is also how I order my women.

Timber Wolf
November 11, 2016, 20:59
Looks like somebody overstocked on mags...I feel like buying 20 more just to cost average:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/d-h-5-56-30rd-aluminum-magazine-8416.html?trk_msg=8F2987A96CC4L9S1V5FR97QBV8&trk_contact=P3HM4MCPV453ASILPE90NVM4N4&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fpalmettostatearmory.com%2fd-h-5-56-30rd-aluminum-magazine-8416.html&utm_campaign=Daily+Deals+Email&utm_content=12%3a00+Email

That's their usual price, which has been $7.99 with free shipping if you buy 20 lately.

rowjimmy
November 11, 2016, 22:47
That's their usual price, which has been $7.99 with free shipping if you buy 20 lately.

No, it was their "special' price pre-election which they would run intermittently. Lately the best has ben $7.99 if you buy 20. Now it is $6.99. They normally weren't offering free shipping on them, at least in the two months running up to the election.

They haven't offered them at $6.99 in a while.

hueyville
November 13, 2016, 09:07
More vendors than Palmetto. Some are more reliable as specialize in magazines. Google is your friend.