PDA

View Full Version : SA Saint

Tuhlmann
November 06, 2016, 11:31
All that marketing hype and they come out with a pretty vanilla AR-15. About 10 years late to the party if you ask me. :facepalm:

ByronF
November 06, 2016, 13:42
Yep. Hard to figure. But no harm in them putting one on the market. Rebrand someone elses rifle, buy a few adds, sell a few rifles. Not like they have a moment of R&D invested. And if they dont sell any theyre only out a few bucks to a web developer and an NRA magazine add. Probably dont even pay suppliers until rifle is sold to gunshop.

Tuhlmann
November 06, 2016, 14:07
No doubt. I don't mind another choice in rifle at all. They just made such a BFD over the release of this "game changing" new product, except it isn't. I'd like to get excited about a new product coming to market, but when it's just re-branded and re-packaged existing technology it is a disappointment. SA should know better.

ByronF
November 06, 2016, 15:11
I think SA Inc is but a rebrander of products made by others. Not sure if they have a machinist on their payroll. Maybe they do some assembly, maybe put the stuff in a box. Maybe. Nothing wrong with that. So long as they sell decent products for a price people are willing to pay, and take care of customer after the sale, it matters little to me who actually makes it. Except if prts are coming frome our enemies.

Genetically Swiss
November 06, 2016, 15:16
Nothing wrong with another decent AR, if you like them. I don't, but we had one come into the shop, brand new for less than $900. Seemed pretty reasonable to me.

GS

Fn/form
November 06, 2016, 15:47
Not many people need more than it offers. Better trigger than any other mass produced at its price point, mid gas, better furniture excepting maybe the handguard in heavy shooting.

I don't have a single AR with a mil type trigger, stock or grip. This one is acceptable out of the box except the rear sight. I'd recommend it over any other plain vanilla 16" carbines.