PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket

notfrommt
October 24, 2016, 14:27
Photobucket sux. WAAAY too many ads and they are currently "down for maintenance". :redface:

I just found postimage.org. It looks like its a winner.

4x401
October 24, 2016, 17:31
Photobucket sux. WAAAY too many ads and they are currently "down for maintenance". :redface:

I just found postimage.org. It looks like its a winner.

They all suk Eventually..:whistling:

When I joined PB, it was free and ZERO adds...:]

brunop
October 26, 2016, 10:47
They all suk Eventually..:whistling:

^

This.

I don't love photobucket, but I never thought a service I use was going to be free forever - unless there were ads paying for the stuff I was using.

@ O.P. - that whole "down for service" thing? That's actually one of the things you *want* from a service you use on line. So it works (for free...) the other 99% of the time. If I worked at photobucket and I read this thing, I'd be asking, "What do you *want* us to do?"

4x401
October 26, 2016, 21:36
^

This.

I don't love photobucket, but I never thought a service I use FOR FREE was going to be free forever - unless there were ads paying for the stuff I was using.

@ O.P. - that whole "down for service" thing? That's actually one of the things you *want* from a service you use on line. So it works (for free...) the other 99% of the time. If I worked at photobucket and I read this thing, I'd be asking, "What do you *want* us to do?"

Exactly me point...FYP :D

I still find it hard to believe ANYONE, thinks ANYTHING in this world is FREE...:facepalm:

It sure would be nice if you could drag and drop pictures on this site.

Of course it would...:]

G3isMe
October 27, 2016, 19:51
^

This.

I don't love photobucket, but I never thought a service I use was going to be free forever - unless there were ads paying for the stuff I was using.

I agree. I had been using "uploadly" another free, no ad hosting site. A couple months ago I signed in and got a notice that uploadly is going out of business. They gave about a 2 week notice and poof...gone. I bit the bullet and went to photobucket. Ads?... well it is free afterall...I have all my libraries marked as private and just paste the photo link in my posts. It works great and the ads don't seem to be all that intrusive....If you don't like them it's what, a dollar a month to be ad free? That's pretty damn cheap if you asked me....

12v71
October 29, 2016, 21:19
I just got an email from photosuckit saying they are back on line...

Windustsearch
November 08, 2016, 10:49
Photobucket licks the bag.

But after using it for years, it's going to be a huge pain to move everything I have there and go back to forums to fix all the links.

lew
November 09, 2016, 11:56
I finally gave up on PB and transferred everything over to Imgur, which is way easier to use and faster to load.

SteelGreyML
December 20, 2016, 00:10
I finally gave up on PB and transferred everything over to Imgur, which is way easier to use and faster to load.

Great idea. I have to look into that.