PDA

View Full Version : popo trade ins

fnogger
October 12, 2016, 17:45
My daily spam from CDNN (who am I kidding, I just filter it and look at it on occasion) has had used/VG to used/like new SIG229s in 40 for $399-449 with night sights. And mags for $23.

Seems like a heck of a deal, should you be in hte market for one or have $450ish burning a hole in your pocket.

mp
October 13, 2016, 08:16
They have been pushing them for a LONG time..... No one wants the DAK setup.

hagar
October 13, 2016, 09:20
Or the 40. But I agree, double action only is a pile of manure. Give me striker fired or cocked and locked.

W.E.G.
October 13, 2016, 09:28
If you already have a .40 (or a dozen), you probably don't need another.

hueyville
October 13, 2016, 09:29
I never wanted a 40 till got one three years ago and now have at least three. Make major power factor for cheap and lots of inexpensive brass floating around. DA only in an semiauto? Will skills that.

W.E.G.
October 13, 2016, 09:33
Pistol brass is practically free.

Your time spent converting it into worthy ammo is scandalously expensive.

MAINER
October 13, 2016, 09:34
No DAK for me either, but I converted a P229 in DAO to SA/DA with $75 worth of parts easily.
There may be a difference in the DAK model and the older DAO models however.

Sig will do factory conversions either way for around $200, or about $10 more than what the parts cost.

DAK means Double Action Kellerman for the man that invented the trigger. Six pound initial trigger pull with a short reset, then eight pound trigger pull, or you can release the trigger to it's full forward position for a six pound pull again. I don't own one, but that's how it was explained to me.
I'm guessing that administrators and insurance companies are more keen on this than the troops that actually have to use it.

W.E.G.
October 13, 2016, 10:13
A trigger you have to pull twice to make the gun fire once.

genius.

Why didn't I think of that?

...and some factory trigger parts for a common pistol cost $200.

Where did that bar of soap go?

hagar
October 13, 2016, 10:19

genius.

Maybe not a bad design for SOME police departments...:tongue:

W.E.G.
October 13, 2016, 18:05
Half the ones I rode with, I would have felt better if they'd just had a pocket full of firecrackers.

mpnv
October 13, 2016, 18:11

genius.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MAINER
October 13, 2016, 19:57

genius.

Not quite, I didn't explain that very well. It's a 6 lb pull on the first shot, then as you release the trigger, you can release to the "short-reset" point where it is an 8 lb pull to fire the second shot, or let the trigger out to the full forward-release point where it becomes a 6 lb pull again. No, I don't know why. :|

Howzat?

Methane
October 13, 2016, 20:47
Half the ones I rode with, I would have felt better if they'd just had a pocket full of firecrackers.

:biggrin:

hueyville
October 14, 2016, 11:20
Pistol brass is practically free.

Your time spent converting it into worthy ammo is scandalously expensive.

A man that doesn't watch television needs a hobby. Have automated as much case prep as possible and loading doesn't take that long once bullets are cast which is the real time eater. Have put my cast bullets up against almost every price point factory range ammo at some point and using a Ransom Rest my handloads shoot better than every white box bulk ammo have tried. If my time would be spent doing something useless in the evenings, winter days when weather nasty or summer days when raining too hard to get out its not a chore. While enjoy work even I eventually burn out and want to come home.

Keep reading threads where guys brag about how little recoil and smooth thier handloads shoot then when bust off a few factory rounds it actually shocks them. I keep all my handloads at or near factory specs so shooting defensive ammo isn't a mind twister when under stress. Enjoy my loading, wife sits and does mundane chores like loading primer tubes and boxing ammo and it's our quality time most evenings.

Blackmore
October 14, 2016, 18:48
Night sights are probably dead to boot.

meltblown
October 14, 2016, 21:44
Sounds like a nice waste of money. Hell you can get a NIB 320 for probably !50 more if you want the exotic sig stuff.

pre1989
October 14, 2016, 22:19
another company I deal with gets a lot of nice da/sa sigs in as do others the ones CDNN has are ok price wise at least

But if your paiten you get great deal I have run into org import 226 for like 400 bucks with e2 grips

October 15, 2016, 20:40
sonds like a decent deal. fo-tay whoops as on 9 any day. 6# trigger is no big deal.