View Full Version : Help ID lower

October 08, 2016, 16:50
I purchased this DSA from my neighbor several years ago and never thought anything about it as it shot well, is very accurate and feeds anything I shove into it.
I contacted DSA last week asking for a date of mfg and was told it's an older date and they would have to contact me after they did an archive search. Several day later I receive the call and was told that it was sold as a complete upper with carry handle in 2005.
So I guess my question is, what lower do I have. Any help would be much appreciated. I can take addition pics and post them if need be.
Thanks for your help!

October 08, 2016, 16:58
T'would appear to be Steyr. If by some chance the barrel is Styer as well, you've a very nice STG-58 on hand.

October 08, 2016, 17:31
This is all I could find on the barrel

October 08, 2016, 18:00

October 08, 2016, 18:10
Barrel looks Belgian, the rear sight is Israeli, the rest appears Steyr. Look to see if the front sight is too tall, would explain the rear sight. A standard rear sight will be a bit shorter.

October 09, 2016, 12:51
Thanks for your help, the front sight isn't tall which does cause it to shoot a bit high but I've mostly used EoTechs on it.
Again, thanks, I really do appreciate your help!

October 12, 2016, 22:47
You can sell that IZZY Sight and buy two of the correct sight for that rifle.

Does it have a short barrel? Many DSA StG were cut down to 16", which causes it to shoot low. Adding the taller rear sight will help bring that up.

October 13, 2016, 12:52
Yep, it has a 16 inch barrel. Like I said I usually have an EoTech on it, my eyes are too old to be looking through that small hole!

Capt D
October 16, 2016, 04:33
That's definitely an Austrian Steyr StG barrel, sorry to hear it's cut:facepalm: Full length ones are arguably the tightest-grouping barrels ever installed on a FAL. I rescued a cut one too, built a 'carbinize'd StG-58 with it.

Correct with the rear sight (that it's Israeli) but I think it's more like you can sell it and buy half (not two) of a Steyr proofed rear sight--them bubbas 'spensive. If it was a talle BGS sight, it'd be a one-for-one (well, maybe a little price offset...).