PDA

View Full Version : Chinese or Russian milled receiver?

Brian in MN
October 07, 2016, 18:37
I just found that CNC Warrior offers a Chinese and a Russian milled receiver. Can any of you explain the difference?

Impala_Guy
October 07, 2016, 19:01
I just found that CNC Warrior offers a Chinese and a Russian milled receiver. Can any of you explain the difference?

The character markings on the selector and the factory repro markings and proofs on the front of the receiver.

darkest2000
October 08, 2016, 12:18
Also on the Chinese receiver there's only 3 rivet holes for the trigger guard instead of 5 on the Russian/European pattern receiver.

However, actual milled receiver military Chinese AKs also use the 5 rivet pattern and they only switched to the 3 rivet holes after they switched to stamped receivers, and when they started making civilian milled AKs, the 3 rivet pattern stuck.

So technically if you want a truly military correct milled Chinese AK, you will want to get the Russian one, then change the markings.

RG Coburn
October 09, 2016, 00:27
Chinese one probably is also smaller in the area where barrel and receiver meet. I know stamped Chinese barrels have a smaller diameter "shank" than typical euro pattern AKs.
Were me,I lean toward the Russian/Euro side.

Brian in MN
October 09, 2016, 09:35
It is going to be the home of a Chinese spiker kit.

Soviet
October 09, 2016, 11:57
It is going to be the home of a Chinese spiker kit.

The Chinese one should work just fine.

I agree with darkest about the Russian as a true military Chinese(as milled t56's were mostly Russian parts). But the press and pin puts it much to late for an acceptable application for Russian and Chinese :/. I guess you could weld over the barrel pin and grind it flush.

If you have the front stub, you can use a Turbothis back half and not worry about what's what.