PDA

View Full Version : Did it again.........

catmguy445
October 04, 2016, 17:14
I was talking to some of the guys at the range a couple days ago, and the conversation got around to buying guns. At that point, I think I said that I had way more guns than I'd ever need or use (a few are collector guns that I won't shoot), so I probably wasn't going to buy any more. That lasted a whole two days.

This afternoon I ordered a Steyr SSG PII with double set triggers, 20" heavy threaded barrel and Picatinny rail, chambered in .308 Win. CDNN had them, and the damn thing was just calling to me from the flyer they sent me last week. This one should be the last gun I guy for a while. Maybe. I hope. But who knows, if Hitlery gets elected, I may need it.

Conelrad
October 08, 2016, 21:57
A hard rifle to beat for the reach-out-&-touch-someone crowd.

Especially for a gun out of the box.

It needs nothing but practice with it for perfection:bow:.

DDG

catmguy445
October 10, 2016, 22:04
A hard rifle to beat for the reach-out-&-touch-someone crowd.

Especially for a gun out of the box.

It needs nothing but practice with it for perfection:bow:.

DDG

Thanks, Conelrad. This is my second SSG. I bought the first one (which I still have) in 1981, just after the SSG PI was introduced in the US. That one also has the double set triggers, but has the 26" standard weight barrel. When the PII came out a few years later, I really wanted one, but they were a lot more money than the PI, and at that point in my existence, I wasn't making all that much dough. By the time I was making more money, the SSG had been discontinued. Getting the PII is really scratching an old itch, and they ARE a great rifle. I'm picking it up tomorrow. It arrived at my FFL this morning, but I was at the Range as a Range Officer all day today, so I'm picking it up tomorrow. :biggrin::beer:

JonnyP
October 14, 2016, 20:54
Those rifles with the current awesome deal from CDNN have been calling me. I wanted to get one a couple of months ago but jumped on one of the collector edition M24's instead.

I'm seriously tempted.