PDA

View Full Version : HELP===Need an M1 D Scope Ring

randy762ak
October 03, 2016, 19:19
The one I have has a stripped thread bolt where it screws into the Mount on the barrel ,,Bummer the guy who sold me this junk said it was good to go --100$ down the tubes!
Took the rifle to a shoot this weekend and red locktite the ring to the mount the day before ,,No good 3rd shot and the scope pops off and lands on the mat shooting prone !!
Do you know where the best place to obtain a scope ring for the M-84 scope could be had ,, CMP has some and blew them out at $35 bucks and when I got home from work they were all gobbled up by the scalpers !

How about an aftermarket--How bad are they ?? :sad:

ArtBanks
October 03, 2016, 19:26
I got mine from Griffen and Howe. They still had them in inventory about 5 years ago.

randy762ak
October 03, 2016, 19:43
They have something for the M1 C with the receiver mounted base --This is the M1D with the barrel mounted block and the one screw Knob ring...

As I said the CMP blew out some at $35bucks and the scalpers grabbed them up and the last one I was for sale was gouging at $200.00 ==Needless to say If CMP had sold them at $175.00 the scalpers would have passed on them and some would have still been available at 5Pm when i got home from work !! :mad:

I know they make a RE=PoP But has anyone seen one >??

ArtBanks
October 04, 2016, 05:17
Misread you post. Sorry about that. I thought you were looking for M1C parts.
I did get one of the CMP M1D specials with the after mkt mount. Works great and I havn't had the problem others have talked about the thing getting loose.

randy762ak
October 04, 2016, 09:19
Im about to try an aftermarket ,, Im going to see if someway I can weld up and turn a new thread on the one I have -- When I get the shop up :biggrin:

jimmieZ
October 04, 2016, 10:37
The M1D aftermarket ring I bought from Gun Parts Corp. (Numrich) had a swaged screw (same as mount sold by CMP). The one I bought worked pretty well - much better than what I've heard about SARCO mounts. If I remember correctly price was between $50 and $60.

randy762ak
October 04, 2016, 21:45
OFF To Gun Part web site we go------>>>>

Thanks Randy !!