PDA

View Full Version : opinions

madrad62
September 21, 2016, 13:44
I am thinking of doing an RPK. I scored a as new kit with no barrel at the creek back when the no barrel thing started. I got a new barrel shortly afterwards.It has sat and gathered dust for a long time.
Any suggestions for a builder? Anyone do this lately? What's a ball park price on this?
If I try to spell and punctuate better,will i get better answers?

pre1989
September 21, 2016, 17:58
What kind of kit ?

Yugo are the most found right now ..

madrad62
September 21, 2016, 20:09
Romanian-1974,I don't have the receiver yet,but am shopping.I would just assume get a ready to go unit instead of a flat.I've read the sticky about different manufactures..just have to pick one and wait in line.
The hard part so far is finding a builder and getting quotes.I've done a couple from flats andi've done a couple from fancy store bought. Arthritis and loss of eye sight is making things like this alot harder on me than it used to be.I.m willing to pay to not be in pain.
A list of reputable builders would be handy.I'm seeing crazy like prices on already finished products,can't really afford that.I had DSA do my fAL build and turned out wonderful and seemed like a reasonable price.Is there an outfit that does AK type builds reasonably?

catmguy445
September 22, 2016, 23:16
I recently had an East German AK kit with a Romanian barrel and NoDak Spud receiver put together by Corey Weathermon at Northwest Gun Supply in Nampa, Idaho, and he did a great job for a very reasonable price (either $305 or $310, don't remember which now). That said, I do have to tell you that there was no shipping charge because I live a few miles from Nampa and drove over and dropped the kit off at Corey's shop.

If you want to take a look at his website, the address is: http://www.northwestgunsupply.com. The phone number and email address are on the website under the Contact Us tab. Corey takes work from all over the country, and is a really great guy to work with. Good communication, and does really great work. My EG AK looks (and works) like it just came out of and East German Arms room. I wrote a review of his shop and posted it in the Reviews section of the Files if you want to look at that. I don't know for sure that Corey does RPK's, but he does AK47's and AK74's, so an RPK shouldn't be too much of a problem for him. Give him a call or send an email and ask him.

TnHawk-45
September 23, 2016, 19:03
Biggest problem you will have is finding a receiver. I do not 'think' Nodak is making the RPK receivers right now.

As to who to build, Gunplumber should be able to handle it nicely. His regular AK's are really nice.

Jarhead504
September 23, 2016, 20:51
I would send it to Gunplumber SOON. He has posted some picks of some very nice AK's he has done/worked over.

Jarhead