PDA

View Full Version : MSRP of Original Spanish CETME from kit?

madmax_fal
September 20, 2016, 20:02
Anyone have any idea of what the MSRP of a kit built, original Model C CETME on a PTR-91 reciever in good condition would be? (I`m not talking about CAI, but the original Model C Spanish CETME)

I don't have one, but am wondering what a fair price would be.

pre1989
September 21, 2016, 17:56
it wont be org if on a PTR lower ..Just saying the PTR lowers are G3 mag patten the CETME rifles take there own unique mags

At the face of it I would ask

A. who made it and put it togher
b. org barrel or ?

I mean look how cheep APEX has CETME kits now and go from them

The Fraken CETME rifles alwasy seem to go for less

lew
September 22, 2016, 11:44
it wont be org if on a PTR lower ..Just saying the PTR lowers are G3 mag patten the CETME rifles take there own unique mags

What does a G3/CETME lower have to do with the magazine type?

pre1989
September 22, 2016, 22:40

They are different mags that what ..G3 is G3 mags and the CETME is CETME mags ..yes they at times can cross switch but not the same mag wells imop ..T

21HK
September 23, 2016, 00:04

They are different mags that what ..G3 is G3 mags and the CETME is CETME mags ..yes they at times can cross switch but not the same mag wells imop ..T

What lew is saying is that the PTR receiver is not a lower. The lower on a G3/CETME is the trigger group which is made up of the trigger housing and fire control group.
The only CETME mag well that I've seen that is not ribbed like the PTR are on the early Mars imports marked "Sport" and I believe there were some model B type CETME's that came in also marked "Sport".

Any of the CETME "C" rifles that came from Century, to my knowledge, all had ribbed mag wells ...even the ones with the cast receiver.
You may start to see some CETME builds pop up with a slab side/smooth mag well since RTG started selling those flats.

To the OP.
Your post is a little confusing. Asking about a kit build on a PTR receiver is nothing more than a C parts kit built on a PTR rec.

Century CETME's are kit builds as well....Bastardized but still a kit build.
Neither would be considered an original model C Spanish CETME.

As pointed out in the above post I would want to know who built it as well.
A rifle that has been built by a reputable builder will probably cost a bit more but you know the gun is right and most importantly...safe.

Having an original barrel is a plus but you need to find out some of the particulars, mainly what the bolt gap is. If your in the market for a roller lock gun such as the CETME or HK variant do some reading about how to check for the bolt gap and what the recommended range should be. This is easily checked with a set of feeler gauges. Surplus kits have used parts and often times a drop in the bolt gap is due to worn parts like the rollers that are in the bolt head and the locking piece that pushes the rollers out to lock the bolt in the trunnion. If the bolt gap is below the minimum or above the maximum this needs to be corrected.

pre1989
September 23, 2016, 00:40
What lew is saying is that the PTR receiver is not a lower. The lower on a G3/CETME is the trigger group which is made up of the trigger housing and fire control group.
The only CETME mag well that I've seen that is not ribbed like the PTR are on the early Mars imports marked "Sport" and I believe there were some model B type CETME's that came in also marked "Sport".

Any of the CETME "C" rifles that came from Century, to my knowledge, all had ribbed mag wells ...even the ones with the cast receiver.
You may start to see some CETME builds pop up with a slab side/smooth mag well since RTG started selling those flats.

To the OP.
Your post is a little confusing. Asking about a kit build on a PTR receiver is nothing more than a C parts kit built on a PTR rec.

Century CETME's are kit builds as well....Bastardized but still a kit build.
Neither would be considered an original model C Spanish CETME.

As pointed out in the above post I would want to know who built it as well.
A rifle that has been built by a reputable builder will probably cost a bit more but you know the gun is right and most importantly...safe.

Having an original barrel is a plus but you need to find out some of the particulars, mainly what the bolt gap is. If your in the market for a roller lock gun such as the CETME or HK variant do some reading about how to check for the bolt gap and what the recommended range should be. This is easily checked with a set of feeler gauges. Surplus kits have used parts and often times a drop in the bolt gap is due to worn parts like the rollers that are in the bolt head and the locking piece that pushes the rollers out to lock the bolt in the trunnion. If the bolt gap is below the minimum or above the maximum this needs to be corrected.

Thank you I was aiming for that ...I have a problem with mixing up the legal serialized parts on some guns and tend to call stuff lowers ...Thanks for clearing it up

xtremerange
September 23, 2016, 07:04
A rough rule of thumb in the US is if the part accepts the magazine that is usually the serialized part.

Not always but it work with a very large percentage of guns.