PDA

View Full Version : ORF Galil????

Near Sighted Sniper
September 12, 2016, 21:17
Guy's I have a few questions about ORF.
I remember a while back that they were making all kinds of stuff, M76 receivers, complete M76 rifles, various Galil receivers etc etc...
Anyway, I also think I remember that they kind of lost their good reputation on the boards but can't remember why.
But what I really want to know is do their Galil's function properly???
Did they put out a quality product when it comes to their receivers??
And, does anyone here remember what happened to that company?

Thanks in advance, Mick.

HighRatMaster
September 12, 2016, 22:02
Mick,

QC went to hell so it's a crap shoot as to whether it is heat treated and milled correctly. Owner was batshit arrogant to customers and died from liver disease, or cancer, something like that.

Bubacus
September 12, 2016, 22:34
Gunplumber talks about them here:

https://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/notes/notes-ak/galil-orf-2/page-galil-orf-2.shtml

darkest2000
September 12, 2016, 23:50
The company is history, owner passed away. They had a lot of interesting projects and ideas...and stuff, but unfortunately couldn't get the QC down...

gunplumber
September 13, 2016, 08:16
And now Assault weapons of Ohio, or some such name, is selling all the crap that was left over.

back in the ussr
September 13, 2016, 18:50
Yep a lot of the receivers that "were heat treated" we're not done to the Rockwell strength needed. The only person that I know who will check the Rockwell strength is Jeff @Hillbilly Firearms. If it's to soft he sends it back in three pieces. I bought an ARM kit for real cheap that was built on an ORF, and it ended up being to soft.

Just keep in mind that a new receiver is like $560 when CNC Warrior has them in stock. They are the only company that makes a quality US made receiver that is worth a dam. Like Mr. G. Plumber said Assault Weapons of Ohio is selling ORFs previous stock of highly questionable receivers.

Something else to ask yourself is it an AR or ARM kit? The ARM kits are worth more and aren't really available like the AR kits.

Boomerdownsir
September 13, 2016, 19:13
CNC Warrior has theirs in stock currently but yes it is 600 dollars. Things to note, there isn't a rivet hole for the bullet guide so you'll have to drill one out. Some fitting is require on minor parts like the dust cover, or that's what has happened to me. Same with pistol retaining nut. Nothing a file couldn't fix. The CNC Warrior also only uses semi auto left hand safety unless you make the hole bigger for the one most commonly used in the parts kit. It's a slow process and I don't have much tools but it's happening slowly and surely.

Near Sighted Sniper
September 13, 2016, 22:58
And now Assault weapons of Ohio, or some such name, is selling all the crap that was left over.

That's what I thought. Found them on GB was tempted but after speaking with Mr Hillbilly I think I might be better off just waiting for a used Action Arms Import to show up.

Thanks guys for all of the info. Mick.

millersm99
October 09, 2016, 19:01
This brings back some bad memories. Bought one of those ORF receivers to build a beautiful parts kit, the kind that were available back in the day. Took the finished build to the range and before I left the headspace opened up enough to cause a case separation. On top of that, the ejector had mushroomed. The receiver was not heat treated. Or heat treated properly anyway.

I know the owner is deceased, but he jerked me around and acted like all these issues were news to him. We now know they were the rule rather than the exception.

spider991
October 10, 2016, 18:23
I had a cnc warrior receiver built into a real nice galil by sledgehammer. .I still regret every day selling that one...:homerdoh:....idiot