PDA

View Full Version : OD CMP Approved Club Membership?

Bug Tussell
September 03, 2016, 09:09
I was told that my gun club was CMP affiliated but when I tried to purchase from the CMP they said "Nope"!

Got a cheap online membership club suggestion?

I just tried the Garand Collectors Association and it has problems with my credit card(s) - I tried two. Some kind of Internal Error...

rbgonoles
September 03, 2016, 09:12
Hold out for the Garand Collectors Association. The magazine you get is pretty good.

Texgunner
September 03, 2016, 09:51
Hold out for the Garand Collectors Association. The magazine you get is pretty good.

+1

It's a nice magazine. They are a good group but not really that high-tech. Don't give up on them yet. Have you tried calling them?

W.E.G.
September 03, 2016, 09:59
Friend Chad Finch on FB if you ar into the GCA thing.

He's all about the tech, and you'll get a "PING" sticker out of it.

Meanwhile, tell the lazy Fugk at your club to send in the club dues and paperwork. They probably just let it expire.

Bug Tussell
September 03, 2016, 13:10
Friend Chad Finch on FB if you ar into the GCA thing.

He's all about the tech, and you'll get a "PING" sticker out of it.

Meanwhile, tell the lazy Fugk at your club to send in the club dues and paperwork. They probably just let it expire.

Yep. That's what Vicky said - hadn't paid dues since 2014.

W.E.G.
September 03, 2016, 13:19
They don't have to pay any back-dues.
Just need to pay current dues.
Its one online form regarding events held at the club, and something like $30.

I send in the forms/dues for two clubs every year.

If you want to join one of my CMP-affiliated clubs, contact me.
One costs $30 and join right away (It might take Jim a couple weeks to get you your membership card. Also, we run on a February-February fiscal year, so if you join now your membershi will expire in February - no pro-rated memberships.)
The other club costs about two grand, and there's a two year wait.

Orlando8
September 03, 2016, 13:45
The cheapest way for club membership is the M1 Collectors Club. No quarterly mag like the GCA, just cheaper way of fullfilling membership requirments. Its only $14 per year and they will forward your information immediatly to CMP
http://www.m1collectorsclub.com/

Near Sighted Sniper
September 04, 2016, 11:21
I was told that my gun club was CMP affiliated but when I tried to purchase from the CMP they said "Nope"!

Got a cheap online membership club suggestion?

I just tried the Garand Collectors Association and it has problems with my credit card(s) - I tried two. Some kind of Internal Error...

I think they are experiencing problems with credit cards.
Last night I tried to buy some back issues of the magazine & was given some goofy message about my billing & shipping address must be the same, I know the card that I was trying to use was good so I tried again, still no go. I wanted the back issues so I tried a different card, same message, oh well I figured I would call them on Tuesday [as Monday is Labor day] & just order the issues over the phone. I checked my e-mail this morning & found 3 separate e-mails from them stating that my order has been placed.
I wouldn't be surprised if your card was charged & the website just didn't acknowledge it.

I have an e-mail in to them right now trying to correct the problem, hopefully they figure things out before they ship me & charge me for a triple order!!!!

BTW: as others have said, the GCA Journal [magazine] is really good.

GApilot
September 22, 2016, 22:29

The magazine is good if you acquire it. I signed up during CMP's carbine sale and till date only received one magazine, never received a card (must have been a crazy time for them). In their defense the magazine is good. From my understanding their membership is now a full year (again, waiting on my card), it used to be through a certain month (think every September). In the past some months of membership could potentially be lost, but not anymore from what I was told.