PDA

View Full Version : Portuguese G3---Factory or Kit-built

gotarheelz14
August 31, 2016, 17:14
Hey all. I might acquire what the other party has described as an "Interarms Import FMP G3 SGL95" :?

I've tried searching for those terms online but haven't really come up with anything. I'm only interested in the rifle if it is a factory, Portuguese built rifle. I'm definitely interested if it is a preban but would be ok with a "sporter" version if I can deban it (with 922r compliance).

I'll have pictures in a little bit but wanted to see if you guys could help out. I know we have some resident HK experts in here. :D

hkshooter
August 31, 2016, 18:13
Hey all. I might acquire what the other party has described as an "Interarms Import FMP G3 SGL95" :?

I've tried searching for those terms online but haven't really come up with anything. I'm only interested in the rifle if it is a factory, Portuguese built rifle. I'm definitely interested if it is a preban but would be ok with a "sporter" version if I can deban it (with 922r compliance).

I'll have pictures in a little bit but wanted to see if you guys could help out. I know we have some resident HK experts in here. :D

There's a lot of gray area around the SLG95 rifles. Many SLG95 stamped units were imported either as rifles or partially assembled receivers with the cocking tubes and trunnions installed.
Going from feeble memory of previously spouted internet hulabaloo only Pars Int. imported complete rifles while both Pars and Interordnance imported receivers. The key seems to lie in the serial number, the earlier the better the chance it's a factory built rifle.
So, you'll need importer markings and the serial number to have any chance of finding out if the rifle is factory built or not.
If you can come up with these I know a guy who has information that should be able to narrow it down for you. He's about the only source I know of for some obscure HK type information like this.

gotarheelz14
August 31, 2016, 18:32
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate that!

AGG
August 31, 2016, 19:26
PM me your serial--- I will PM you the information that I have and what to look for--- early are factory-built rifles!!! :)

Tony

AGG
August 31, 2016, 19:29
There's a lot of gray area around the SLG95 rifles. Many SLG95 stamped units were imported either as rifles or partially assembled receivers with the cocking tubes and trunnions installed.
Going from feeble memory of previously spouted internet hulabaloo only Pars Int. imported complete rifles while both Pars and Interordnance imported receivers. The key seems to lie in the serial number, the earlier the better the chance it's a factory built rifle.
So, you'll need importer markings and the serial number to have any chance of finding out if the rifle is factory built or not.
If you can come up with these I know a guy who has information that should be able to narrow it down for you. He's about the only source I know of for some obscure HK type information like this.

Were you referring to me??? :D

Tony

hkshooter
August 31, 2016, 19:45
Were you referring to me??? :D

Tony

Well, speak of the devil! :bow:

This guy ^ can help you out.

AGG
August 31, 2016, 19:50
Well, speak of the devil! :bow:

This guy ^ can help you out.

I am humbled and honored!!! :)

Tony

armed2012
August 31, 2016, 21:46
I own a factory G3S , the gun is marked G3S, it has the last 3 digits of the serial number on the metal part of the but stock closest to the receiver , last 3 digits on the bottom of the barrel in front of the hand guards, on the bolt and on the carrier, it's marked par's international kentucky on the right hand side and marked G3S on the left side of the receiver, there are very few factory pre ban complete rifles , I think around 2 or 300, the ones marked with an X were imported later, if it's missing the last 3 of serial number on the metal part of the buttons stock closest to the receiver on the left side it probably came in with a thumbwhole and was caught in the ban and then later changed, there are a TON of different parts guns out there, with goofy roll markings, etc... this one has all the same roll markings everywhere on the rifle and they are very crisp...

AGG
September 01, 2016, 15:47
PM's received--- PM's responded to!!! :)

Tony

AGG
September 01, 2016, 15:48
I own a factory G3S , the gun is marked G3S, it has the last 3 digits of the serial number on the metal part of the but stock closest to the receiver , last 3 digits on the bottom of the barrel in front of the hand guards, on the bolt and on the carrier, it's marked par's international kentucky on the right hand side and marked G3S on the left side of the receiver, there are very few factory pre ban complete rifles , I think around 2 or 300, the ones marked with an X were imported later, if it's missing the last 3 of serial number on the metal part of the buttons stock closest to the receiver on the left side it probably came in with a thumbwhole and was caught in the ban and then later changed, there are a TON of different parts guns out there, with goofy roll markings, etc... this one has all the same roll markings everywhere on the rifle and they are very crisp...

Should be dated 1/89--- around 200 imported!!! :)

Tony

Rudolf
September 16, 2016, 16:35
What about ones that are just G3.

Mines is FMP G-3 ...that's it.....

AGG
September 16, 2016, 19:33
What about ones that are just G3.

Mines is FMP G-3 ...that's it.....

Sounds like an Interport build--- PM me your serial and markings--- I will PM you back!!! :)

Tony

hkshooter
September 16, 2016, 20:10
Sounds like an Interport build--- PM me your serial and markings--- I will PM you back!!! :)

Tony

Hey, no fair! :]

AGG
September 19, 2016, 14:34
Many do not want their serial numbers divulged--- I respect that!!! :)

Tony

Rudolf
September 19, 2016, 15:34
I don't think this is interport, I don't see that anywhere.

I see PARS INTERNATIONAL and FMP G-3.
Lousville, Kentucky.
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/g-3.jpg
Nothing else.

I see G3S with made in portugal but mines doesn't say that.
I'm not home so I am just going by memory.

I had a flapper installed on it and also had it refinished. Also had the brass deflector welded on and a fake pin plastic lower installed on it. This picture is old without the brass deflector welded on.

It's pretty damn accurate in my book and I love it.

I dumped the claw mount and went with a ARMS mount that kept it low.

My next project for it is to install the front site with the grenade ring on it.

hkshooter
September 19, 2016, 15:45
Many do not want their serial numbers divulged--- I respect that!!! :)

Tony

Oh, that's perfectly fine. But the history and the serial range is good info.