PDA

View Full Version : K1A1 life expectancy and durability?

lawdog
August 25, 2016, 08:41
Is there a life expectancy with the K1A1? I ask this with regard to the unique recoil spring system. Is it capturing recoil effectively or does the upper take a beating? What impact to the BCG? Is it less or worse than an AR relative to the BCG?

FranzLiebkind
August 26, 2016, 11:55
Is there a life expectancy with the K1A1? I ask this with regard to the unique recoil spring system. Is it capturing recoil effectively or does the upper take a beating? What impact to the BCG? Is it less or worse than an AR relative to the BCG?

they're being replaced by the ROK. Personally, I think they'll last forever. Always interested in getting a Woo if you want to sell it.

Ak74dude
August 29, 2016, 11:18
Is there any history with bolts breaking on high round count(or any round count really) Daewoos? Seems like the gun would be a doorstop should a bolt break

vandal968
August 29, 2016, 21:39
The DR300's (7.62x39), are notorious for shedding one of the lugs since the larger cutout in the bolt face doesn't leave much material behind, but the 5.56 guns seem to hold up just fine.

cheers,
c

hagar
August 29, 2016, 21:57
Cannot say, but Daewoorifleparts may come to your rescue if you break it.

Keep your loads reasonable and it should last as long as any AR. I have one AR bolt and carrier with at least 30,000 rounds through it, some very hot 80 grain loads, and it performs like new.

I have a Max and a K1A1, but have not really shot mine much. The K1A1 I bought in AZ, met the guy at the range and shot a few groups that surprised me by how accurate it was.

It may just be one of the smallest and lightest 5.56 personal defense weapons you can get your hands on.