PDA

View Full Version : Dark side calling me (G34 followed me home)

Timber Wolf
August 22, 2016, 11:15
Coworker posted up a pretty good deal on a very, very lightly used Gen 4 G34 "package" (fiber optic sight and trigger upgrades, extra mags) the other day and I bit. I have been wanting to add a 9mm Glock to the flock before she who will not be named gets into the White House and this filled that requirement.

Over the years I have had several Glocks (20, 21, 22, 23, 27) but none except the old original G20 and a more recent police trade in G23 have stuck. I have never liked the Glock grip and the old G20 is far to large for my tastes. As my only 10mm though I am too stubborn to get rid of it. The G23 does not feel too bad, and I actually shoot it pretty well.

I had thought about a G19 (or just a conversion barrel for the 23) but the 34 came along first. I have been wanting to work more 9mm into my pistol competition shooting and the G34 should certainly do that. That and my daughter is coming along and if she wants to compete she may get the 34. If I don't tell her any different she will never know a Glock grip is strange!:biggrin: I have not done a comparison yet but dang if the naked (no added spacers) Gen 4 grip does feel OK to me. I shot it yesterday and was pulling a little right, but that was probably me as I have not been shooting much lately.

I had already laid in 5 factory mage a while back when Botac ran a five or more for $20 each deal. So I had to, you know, buy a gun since I already had the mags and stuff.;)

LKY_13
August 23, 2016, 13:37
Nice! Always enjoyed the G34. Congrats.

VALMET
August 23, 2016, 13:40
Congrats- I've always found the 34 to be a smooth shooting pistol

Bawana jim
August 23, 2016, 13:53
Geez, those cost as much as a real gun now:D It's been a long time since I have looked at glock prices...

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_21_43/products_id/12955/Glock+G34+G4+17+1+9mm+5.31%22

TurnkeyNomo
August 23, 2016, 17:55
Geez, those cost as much as a real gun now:D It's been a long time since I have looked at glock prices...

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_21_43/products_id/12955/Glock+G34+G4+17+1+9mm+5.31%22

Ya know, it's a funny thing. I wanted a Glock 34 and couldn't find a used one anywhere. I was complaining to a co worker that i wanted a used 34 and couldnt find one. He offered me the advice of "you don't want a glock 34, I've been trying to sell mine for years and nobody wants it. you should buy a gun people actually want to buy".

I pointed out to him it sounded like he had a used glock 34 i was looking to buy. He kinda got a puzzled look and said sure. Glock 34 with aftermarket sights and 5 mags for $400.

SAFN49
August 23, 2016, 20:45
Ya know, it's a funny thing. I wanted a Glock 34 and couldn't find a used one anywhere. I was complaining to a co worker that i wanted a used 34 and couldnt find one. He offered me the advice of "you don't want a glock 34, I've been trying to sell mine for years and nobody wants it. you should buy a gun people actually want to buy".

I pointed out to him it sounded like he had a used glock 34 i was looking to buy. He kinda got a puzzled look and said sure. Glock 34 with aftermarket sights and 5 mags for $400.

This! I've got 4 G17's and they are perfectly fine for what they are. One in each of the vehicles, and the others elsewhere. They have never failed to fire. Why you want to add extra length for no gain is beyond me...

I have no emotional attachment to Glocks except that have never let me down. (well there was this one time shooting at the Hilton Head Gun Club and a piece of hot brass from a G17 lodged in between the temple of my sunglasses and the skin on my head ) They are simply tools.

rowjimmy
August 23, 2016, 21:27
.... Why you want to add extra length for no gain is beyond me...

There are benefits to extra length. But, I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Bug Tussell
August 24, 2016, 08:42
There are benefits to extra length. But, I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Girth means more. G30. Nuff sed Zed.

Bawana jim
August 24, 2016, 09:06
:rofl: liars or bragging. ..

rowjimmy
August 24, 2016, 17:55
:rofl: liars or bragging. ..

Your mind is in the gutter...I was talking about better accuracy with the increased sight radius.

VALMET
August 25, 2016, 09:36
Between the added length and the lightening cut in the slide the 34 makes for an amazingly easy handgun to shoot and keep on target...makes it seemingly effortless in my experience. I prefer the Gen3 over the Gen4 in a 34.

Bawana jim
August 25, 2016, 10:15
Seems odd they open the slide up to allow dirt and debris in...

Bawana jim
August 25, 2016, 10:17
Your mind is in the gutter...I was talking about better accuracy with the increased sight radius.

:confused: get your mind out of the gutter....:D people always lie or brag about their shooting prowess...:wink:

rowjimmy
August 25, 2016, 16:12
Seems odd they open the slide up to allow dirt and debris in...

It's a competition pistol, not a duty gun.

rowjimmy
August 25, 2016, 16:13
:confused: get your mind out of the gutter....:D people always lie or brag about their shooting prowess...:wink:

My shooting prowess is only exceeded by my sexual prowess...

Bawana jim
August 25, 2016, 17:45
My shooting prowess is only exceeded by my sexual prowess...

:biggrin: ambidextrous. ... in both I bet:rofl::rofl:

rowjimmy
August 25, 2016, 19:34
To the OP, I recently went with a gen3. I shot it a little and like it so far. I need to change the sights out and was thinking on getting the zev trigger kit, lighter pull and shorter reset.

Tat2
August 26, 2016, 03:20
Between the added length and the lightening cut in the slide the 34 makes for an amazingly easy handgun to shoot and keep on target...makes it seemingly effortless in my experience. I prefer the Gen3 over the Gen4 in a 34.

This exactly! If I had only one handgun it would be a G34.

T