PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Cannondale126 on GB

Vaughn L. Allen
August 20, 2016, 09:25
I purchased this barrel off of GB. Here is the description:

"I had a few of these Argy Barrels and this is the last one. I mounted this on a Receiver but never finished or fired it they were New Old Stock replacement Argentine G1 style barrels muzzle is clean bore is shiny like new (it is NEW) the only issue is a slight mark from my barrel clamp when I removed it and it is under the hand guard see pictures for details. NO PAYPAL! Shipping is 17 dollars and I can combine shipping for actual cost. NO PHONE CALLS I DO NOT GIVE ANY INFO OVER THE PHONE EMAIL OR GB MESSAGE ONLY!"

When I received the barrel the shoulder had been shaved causing it to over-time and it is out of spec on the micro. I asked for a refund and he basically told me to pound sand. Too bad people aren't honorable anymore... I must be one of the only people on GB that stands behind my listed products... It's sad! He's got my hard-earned money and I'm left with his crap barrel that he lied about.

Vaughn L. Allen
August 20, 2016, 09:30
I should have been more wary because of the shiny metal near the barrel shoulder!

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/574699519

hkshooter
August 20, 2016, 09:53
Sorry to hear of this, thanks for the warning.

The guy's an ass if he thinks this is the way to treat people. He doesn't declare anything about as-is or not accepting returns. And more important, he declares the barrel NEW. Which it is not since it's been cut on.
I've been tempted by his stuff before but I'll be sure to avoid him all together now.
Wonder if he's a member here.
:?

Vaughn L. Allen
August 20, 2016, 09:56
He is a member but just lurks... No postings or anything. I just left him a PM letting him know that I'm aware of him over here on the Files.

FALonious
August 20, 2016, 11:24
Check his response to your feedback.

Vaughn L. Allen
August 20, 2016, 13:02
Yeah, I'll put my perfect feedback score up against his several negatives any day! Looks like he screwed up another deal just after mine but the buyer was being generous by giving him a B instead of worse.

Vaughn L. Allen
August 20, 2016, 13:08
I pulled it out of the box last night and noticed that it appeared to have been shaved. I pulled out three different receivers and it over-timed in each one. Then I measured it with a micro and it was far below spec. About 1/2 hour after pulling it out of the box. I sent a message to the seller to send it back for a refund and he immediately accused me of altering it. I told the seller that I'll send the barrel back and he can keep my money and the barrel. My honor is worth more than two C notes. It's clear to me now that he deliberately conned me and it was not an honest mistake. It's really sad that people like this exist!

Huss
August 20, 2016, 14:17
I know of another member here that bought a barrel from him, and he took it back for a refund. I think it was an Argy barrel. He returned it cause the bore look like a sewer pipe. I purchased a metric grip from him. Sent a money order and he never received it. I filed for loss with USPS, 2 months later they refunded my $50, as it was never cashed and lost. He kept the grip and was patient waiting on my payment for over 2 months. Now this is my experience from him and it was good. I'm not taking sides, as a good friend of mine had to return a barrel to him that was described as good, but wasn't. I'm just updating this thread with information and my personal expirence.

Andy the Aussie
August 20, 2016, 16:02
Vaughn, if the barrel is otherwise unaltered and serviceable you may be able to shim the shoulder to get the timing right. Much like the ABC rifles do with the breaching washers.

As for his antics, BS to say the least.

Andy

sharkey
August 21, 2016, 06:07
Sorry you got beat. Sounds like cannondale126 is afraid of a wiretap or has some other left handed thing going. Why else would he be afraid to talk to you over the telephone?

>>NO PHONE CALLS I DO NOT GIVE ANY INFO OVER THE PHONE EMAIL OR GB MESSAGE ONLY! <<

nwobhm
August 21, 2016, 06:37
...I mounted this on a Receiver but never finished or fired it they were New Old Stock replacement Argentine G1 style barrels muzzle is clean bore is shiny like new (it is NEW) the only issue is a slight mark from my barrel clamp when I removed it and it is under the hand guard see pictures for details.....

This would have prompted me to ask if the shoulder had been turned. I don't recall ever seeing an unmounted NOS barrel not need a shave of some kind. Part of the guilt is yours for assuming it wasn't cut but the seller should have been clearer in the description.

Why not keep the barrel and use it with a breaching washer or mount it to one of the early timed DSA's?.....otherwise I bet it would move fast in the MP around $175, call it a $25 lesson on barrel timing.

ExCdnSoldierInTx
August 21, 2016, 13:34
Honor is worth so much more than a bit of cash or a piece of steel pipe. What a POS.

MAINER
August 21, 2016, 15:35
"With integrity, nothing else matters, without integrity, nothing else matters."

Low life scum that pull tricks like this for a few dollars are worse than whores.

Play the man card, make it right.

2barearms
August 21, 2016, 17:06
"With integrity, nothing else matters, without integrity, nothing else matters."

Low life scum that pull tricks like this for a few dollars are worse than whores.

Play the man card, make it right.

I see what you did there.................:D

Vaughn L. Allen
August 21, 2016, 20:04
Vaughn, if the barrel is otherwise unaltered and serviceable you may be able to shim the shoulder to get the timing right. Much like the ABC rifles do with the breaching washers.

As for his antics, BS to say the least.

Andy

Yeah, I'll use it and end up shimming it. The bore is like-new to new. Thank you fellers!

randy762ak
August 22, 2016, 07:56
I dont know how far it overtimes but I had one that did and I took a medium size ball peen hammer and tapped around the shoulder of the barrel and It swelled it up TOO much ,,so I would suggest using a small hammer and tap gently as this seems to really work -- Just what I had luck doing

ftierson
August 22, 2016, 11:46
As Andy says, just use a breaching washer.

And, yes, the guy sucks...

Forrest

lew
August 22, 2016, 11:59
As Andy says, just use a breaching washer.

And, yes, the guy sucks...

Forrest

Ditto. Build with the barrel out of spite.