PDA

View Full Version : PTR-91 flashider question

VALMET
August 15, 2016, 11:13
Was examining PTR-91 models earlier and noticed that their newer model that utilizes the original metal lower (hallelujah) appears to have a longer, collared flashider as compared to the original G3-type/polymer lowered PTRs. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm close to pulling the trigger on one of these (was waiting for a metal lower model) and now wondering about the flashider as it doesn't look correct to the originals...any info is appreciated.

lew
August 15, 2016, 12:39
Was examining PTR-91 models earlier and noticed that their newer model that utilizes the original metal lower (hallelujah) appears to have a longer, collared flashider as compared to the original G3-type/polymer lowered PTRs. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm close to pulling the trigger on one of these (was waiting for a metal lower model) and now wondering about the flashider as it doesn't look correct to the originals...any info is appreciated.

Mine was built back in April and I bought it directly from them. Metal lower and the non-G3 flash hider. As of January of this year, the muzzle threading is 5/8-24, not the metric threading for the original hiders. It looks close enough, so I don't care too much. Other than that and the lack of a grenade ring on the barrel, I am supremely satisfied. Fit and finish is excellent, the rifle is a tack driver, and their CS is tops.

Cornpone
August 16, 2016, 09:04

PTR changed the barrel threads and the flash suppressor. The new barrel threads are 5/8x24, the original G3 barrel threads is 15x1mm RH